Zero Humming
Apr 21, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #16 of 17
I've got a no-hum transformer in a dead Zero, you can have it for post + 4 cans of Guinness?
smily_headphones1.gif

Shame I didn't see this last week, I was down in Tewkesbury. You could have come and picked it up, whilst I was changing a wheelbearing at my friends place...
smily_headphones1.gif

~Phewl.

Apr 21, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #17 of 17
@ AudioPhewl: PM'd
smily_headphones1.gif

@Twylight: After reading a fair bit more on the internet every article/ piece of advice said not to remove the earth wire in UK plugs if the appliance isn't Class II Double insulated, which the Zero isn't. All that would happen is 240v coarsing through me when I touch the on button! Not a pleasent experience I shouldn't think.

As for installing the new transformer I'll post back if it fixes it as a guide to anyone else that has this problem.

Just as a quick note I've got in contact with WSZ who's been really helpful and given me lots of recommended steps, last of which was to remove the DAC opamp and see if it still buzzed which it did.

Opening it up I noticed the LEDs named R-LED3 do not light, one of them does turn on when there is an optical signal but not the others. WSZ says that this is not normal but that's the only thing I've noticed other than the constant buzzing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back