Zero DAC with iMac 27" -- DAC turns off due to no audio input
May 31, 2010 at 11:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

birdsong

New Head-Fier
I've had a Zero DAC for two years now and it's been great for my modest needs. Previously, I had it hooked up to my 20" first-gen Intel iMac and it worked like a charm. However, I've recently noticed that on my new 27" iMac, after a relatively short period of inactivity, the Zero DAC clicks off and then has to click back on for the next sound event. It's a bit annoying and I never had this problem with the 20" iMac. Reading various posts it sounds like this has been fixed with better drivers in some Windows based setups. Anyone run into this on a Mac and find a way to fix it?

Thanks!

May 31, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #2 of 3
Happens all the time with my original Zero DAC.  It ACTUALLY might be because your old Mac had noise on the line, where as your new one doesn't.  It shouldn't happen when you're playing music, though.

May 31, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #3 of 3
Very interesting as regards the noise point. Still frustrating. It's pretty annoying if I want to watch videos on Youtube or something, because I'll watch a video, it will click off, then click on when I click another... etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back