Zero DAC/AMP vs. Little Dot MK II
Nov 17, 2009 at 12:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

lilranny24

New Head-Fier
looking to purchase an amp mainly for a stationary setup at my desktop HP computer. The headphones I will be using are the Ultrasone HFI-780's and I am seeking to add another piece to my beginner's audio rig. I have done some research and am pretty new to this whole headphone/headphone amp idea, so hopefully someone can help me out!

The 2 products I am looking at are the Zero DAC/AMP and the Little Dot MK II (would consider the Little Dot MK III to, but the MK II is more within my price range). I have heard good things about both as I look around on the internet for information, however, I am curious if it matters that I would be attempting to hook the Little Dot directly to my computer without a DAC? and if it does, then would it be more advantageous to go with the Zero because it is a DAC/AMP???

One last unrelated question; I have an amp that I use to run my bookshelf speakers. It is a Technics amp that my dad gave to me, works good with my bookshelf speakers, and it has a headphone jack as well. Would buying a headphone amp give me better results than just plugging into the Technics amp?? I am guessing so, even if it would do the job considering my Technics amp is probably 20 years old, but just wondering what the difference is between a headphone amp and a regular amp?

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction, thanks!

-Ranny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back