ZERO 24/192KHZ DAC
Mar 11, 2011 at 2:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

goodguys

New Head-Fier
Hello and thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Has anyone tried the new version of the ZERO 24/192KHZ DAC with opa627 opamp, which is commonly available on ebay. Thinking of buying one they do seem to have a following.
How does it compare with the dacmagic.

Many thanks in advance. John.

Mar 13, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #2 of 3
I used a ZeroDac (Upgraded version "Opamp chip: OPA627 instead of the OPA2604) for about 6-7 months, used it with a Squeezebox Classic (via toslink) and found it produced a better sound than the DACMagic (which I compared it directly against), although I never used the headphone amp or via USB, so can't comment on those...

Others may disagree with this.

Mar 14, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #3 of 3
Hi. Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me what gave you the nod towards the zero what kind of differences did you hear. I did get a chance to listen to the dacmagic and did not like it but was swayed by all the poitive comments from forum members who loved it.

The sound from the dacmagic was all wrong, the bass was not bass the treble was not treble Thinking about a possible explanation all i can deduce is that the dacmagic upsamples everything to 192 khz therefore altering the sound from how it should be, what do you guys think about upsampling, still haven't tried the Zero wonder if that upsamples as well would love to hear a few points of view.

Many thanks in advance. John.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back