Zenph studio re-performance™ ... What?
Apr 21, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, anyone heard any of these releases?

http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo....medium=special

i call bull on this. gould had a specific steinway with a characteristic hiccup in the mid register that he preferred, even over "better" pianos. without the original piano and gould humming along, recreation? i don't think so. (i'd still like to hear it.)

Apr 21, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #3 of 6
I listened to this, my teacher was at the the conference where it was played on live by a grand disklavier.
compare it to the 1955 recording. it lacks alot. it lacks the emphasis that gould puts, its way too smooth.

Apr 21, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #4 of 6
well, i have 3 of the 1955 original recordings ... one still in the shrinkwrap, so I'd definitely have a bias if I heard it. The recent Sony release was the best one I've heard in a while, especially of the '81 performance and the bonus material was very cool. anyways, the technical write-up on the remastering effort is rather "hand-wavish"
confused.gif

The only reason I'm interested in it at all is the "32-64 [tracks]. Binaural Stereo Version, The Ultimate Headphone Experience"

Apr 21, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdunhill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, i have 3 of the 1955 original recordings ... one still in the shrinkwrap, so I'd definitely have a bias if I heard it. The recent Sony release was the best one I've heard in a while, especially of the '81 performance and the bonus material was very cool. anyways, the technical write-up on the remastering effort is rather "hand-wavish"
confused.gif

The only reason I'm interested in it at all is the "32-64 [tracks]. Binaural Stereo Version, The Ultimate Headphone Experience"

did you also get "a state of wonder"? it has the '81 recording from backup analog master tape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back