ZEN while making.
Jan 27, 2003 at 1:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

digi01

Member of the Trade
zen1.jpg

zen001.jpg

zen002.jpg

The AMP has not been completed yet,adjust the sound and electric parameter carefully in our NEW YEAR's vacation. The outer cover what I used is surface of the mirror stainless steel, I use 1/2W metal film resistors. Zen is class A after all.

The power transformer what I used is that cable TV network was only pulled down in the zen AMP, But it is only one secondary coil of 27V, have to open and wind and make again(~22V X 2) .

Jan 27, 2003 at 2:58 AM Post #2 of 12
NICE!

Just two comments, both of them negative unfortunately but fortunately not related to the amp... One, I wish I had my webserver up and running so I could provide you with a faster image hosting server, and two, you might want to consider asking a Head-Fier who speaks Chinese to translate for you - unfortunately, the translator you use does not generate English that makes sense.

Jan 27, 2003 at 8:05 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by joe dick
pretty nice digi01. this is the 2nd amp you`ve built, right? i remember the first one, as well. is this a zen amp from pass labs?

from what i understand you haven`t built the power supply yet?

This amp designed by Marcello Pellerano.headwize link
It will be the New Year of our country in a few days,plan to utilize a holiday to all finish it.

Thank the suggestion of eric343,will study English better exchanging with everybody afterwards: )

Jan 27, 2003 at 9:33 AM Post #4 of 12
I don't see any text in the first post
confused.gif

And the second post looks ok enough
tongue.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 27, 2003 at 5:39 PM Post #5 of 12
The words in the picture translated:

Zen Headphone amplifier in the making.

I guess whatever else has been edited out so I can't translate it for you guys.. Yes, Chinese Lunar New Year is coming soon.. Holidays and red packets (with money in them!)..
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2003 at 7:14 PM Post #6 of 12
Zen Headphone amplifier in the making - that sounds like a proper title for the post. When I first saw the title I thought the post is about a feeling (Zen) the builder had while he does building, i.e. DIY in general. Using DIY to reach higher state etc. I should've known better
smily_headphones1.gif

The amp looks powerful! Those look like 2W metal film resistors. Zen is class A after all.

Jan 28, 2003 at 2:14 AM Post #8 of 12
The reason perhaps is:

The DIY fan of our country likes changing call of the transformer into the ox .Whether I automatic for interpreter machine give and misunderstand for 'flat, flat the calf person' .After it,I will translate the post by myself
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2003 at 2:22 PM Post #9 of 12
I'm surprised that the translator didn't churn out 'flat, flatten the fire bull' (»ðÅ£)
biggrin.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 11, 2003 at 7:27 AM Post #10 of 12
I configured the Zen in the following manner:
Power BOARD-
AC 22V/2, SAMWHA 10000Uf/35V as C1/C2.
AMP BOARD-
Wima MKT-2 4.7uF/100V as C2 and Ninchicon Golden-4 100uF/63V as C1/C3
NICHICON-2 2200Uf/40V as C6
MY homeland¡¯s matel RED series resistors
IRF610-4 Q1/Q2
C1815-2 as Q3
Gold-Plated RCA input jacks
ALPS BLUE volume
Original 3.5mm Jack output
A A4 Paper size, height 5 cm.
I spend a weekend on studying ExpressPCB (Ver3.2.0).This is my PCB file.There are mistakes please point out, I will correct it.
oa-3.jpg

Mar 11, 2003 at 8:17 AM Post #11 of 12
Reminds me of my old starcraft days :p
"all your bases are belong to us"
=]
gogo korean and english fusion ^^;; T.T gosu thx gw

ah the memories... =]

(disregard this entire post
biggrin.gif
)

-Hype

Oh yeah, sweet amp