Zen Vision M
Nov 12, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #16 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waspinators
Thanks once again. One more question (and I do apologize for being a pest), I read that the ZVM no longer ships with a wall charger. Is it possible to charge it via USB without having to buy a separate cable?

I did see that Creative stopped supplying some parts, I guess that would be the charger??. If the dongle is supplied then yes, you can still charge the player via USB but it will take longer than if the DC charger was used.

Nov 13, 2006 at 4:36 AM Post #17 of 34
I have other question about the zv:m : Does it support lossless files?

Nov 13, 2006 at 2:56 PM Post #19 of 34
oh that's a shame. Any news about a firmware upgrade that will allow to play flac or any other lossless format? What about news about rockbox for it?

Nov 14, 2006 at 7:02 AM Post #20 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastianbf
oh that's a shame. Any news about a firmware upgrade that will allow to play flac or any other lossless format? What about news about rockbox for it?

Almost all of Creatives DAPs in the past and present have only supported the following audio formats MP3, WMA (with or without DRM) and WAV. There has never been support for FLAC, OGG, AAC, WMA lossless, etc. and probably won't be for a while, so I wouldn't hold your breath!

redface.gif

Nov 15, 2006 at 7:36 AM Post #21 of 34
Question for you chaps... what line-out cables/interconnects are you guys using to patch to an amp? Only one I've seen is Qables from the Netherlands. Thanks.

And with regards to volume... Yes, I find the ZVM lacking in volume as well... and yes, I do use a PX100 and I have to push up the volume for it to sound better...
rolleyes.gif
need an amp... hahaha

Nov 15, 2006 at 3:19 PM Post #22 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Transit
Question for you chaps... what line-out cables/interconnects are you guys using to patch to an amp? Only one I've seen is Qables from the Netherlands. Thanks.

And with regards to volume... Yes, I find the ZVM lacking in volume as well... and yes, I do use a PX100 and I have to push up the volume for it to sound better...
rolleyes.gif
need an amp... hahaha

There are no others that I'm familiar with, beyond the quables offering....

Nov 15, 2006 at 8:26 PM Post #23 of 34
A lot of people go ghetto and just carry their Zen Vision: M with the sync adaptor and then connect a lineout from there. However, the sync adaptor doesn't stay that firmly in place and you would probably need yo find a way to secure it in place. Certainly not the greatest solution, but workable.

zvm11.jpg

eggosmile.gif

Nov 15, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSTom1
A lot of people go ghetto and just carry their Zen Vision: M with the sync adaptor and then connect a lineout from there. However, the sync adaptor doesn't stay that firmly in place and you would probably need yo find a way to secure it in place. Certainly not the greatest solution, but workable.

eggosmile.gif

That just about sums it up. I suffered through many months using the dongle and a Cardas mini.I tried rubber bands to fasten the dongle but not only does it look bad the rubber band kept blocking easy use of the touch pad. I'm kicking myself for not buying the Qables dock sooner.

Bite the bullet, get the Qables.

Nov 16, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #25 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane
That just about sums it up. I suffered through many months using the dongle and a Cardas mini.I tried rubber bands to fasten the dongle but not only does it look bad the rubber band kept blocking easy use of the touch pad. I'm kicking myself for not buying the Qables dock sooner.

Bite the bullet, get the Qables.

This is what people used to with older generation of iPods, before all the lineout adaptors came out. They would walk around with the dock attached to their iPod.

This has probably been discussed before, but is the lineout on the Zen Vision: M's sync adaptor (dongle) a true lineout? Do you know if the lineout on the docking station is exactly the same as the one on the sync adaptor (dongle)?

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 16, 2006 at 4:42 AM Post #26 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSTom1
This has probably been discussed before, but is the lineout on the Zen Vision: M's sync adaptor (dongle) a true lineout?

Yes, the dongle is a true line-out. It is not affected by the volume settings of the player, although I don't know about the EQ. It is cleaner-sounding than using the headphone-out.

Nov 16, 2006 at 3:56 PM Post #28 of 34
Uhh.. exactly how quiet is it? I use my K81DJs at 20/25 volume on my Zen Touch, anyone know if it can reach that volume? If it can't i have to cancel my order.. so i need the info fast
blink.gif

Zen V also had sufficient volume, can it reach that?

[edit] Oh, and im talking about EU volume
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 16, 2006 at 9:55 PM Post #29 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatality_
Uhh.. exactly how quiet is it? I use my K81DJs at 20/25 volume on my Zen Touch, anyone know if it can reach that volume? If it can't i have to cancel my order.. so i need the info fast
blink.gif

Zen V also had sufficient volume, can it reach that?

[edit] Oh, and im talking about EU volume
smily_headphones1.gif

they were talking about using the line out...for volume with that method, you use an amp's volume control.

for using the headphone out, just install the US firmware, and you eliminate the EU volume limits.

I'm not sure if the difference in volume between the US and EU firmwares effects the volume through the dock-connector line out, but I doubt it.....

Nov 24, 2006 at 4:49 PM Post #30 of 34
OK, just got mine:

Beautiful. EASILY sufficient volume with K81DJs (with EU limits). Good audio quality. Beatiful screen.. although the protecting sticker's glue glow is quite distracting
frown.gif
Didn't scratch when came contacted by air, which i heard from somewhere it'd do
biggrin.gif
Smudges easily, i think i made a little scratch to the screen while wiping it (you can only see it when you look at the player from an angle, turned off and without the protecting sticker though, so not too bad i'd say). Videos look FANTASTIC, without the glue glow.. *drool*. But i need something to protect it, i would start cutting myself regularly if it scratched visibly.

Great player, ++
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back