Zen Vision M or Zune? Crap I need a new player!
Jun 16, 2007 at 3:12 PM Post #16 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've never heard an iPod, so i can't comment.

the Zune does win for sound quality, no doubt about that.

I have, and your right...the zune wins by faaaaaaarrrrrr!

Jun 16, 2007 at 5:44 PM Post #17 of 43
Okay, I think I'm going to roll with the zune for its superior sound quality over the zen and everything else. (after all, the sound is the whole entire reason for having one, right?).

Does anyone have any advice in relation to what to look for when purchasing this off ebay (IE: are there different models)?

Jun 16, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #18 of 43
I have a zune, but I also listened to ZVM alot, as I had it for about couple weeks from a friend

I liked zune MUCH better than ZVM hands down.
tongue.gif

Jun 16, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #19 of 43
Yes, to elaborate: through the headphone-out, the Zune makes the ZVM sound boring.
plainface.gif

If you care about sound at all I'd really recommend the Zune.

Jun 16, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #22 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brat_Boy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys are making me feel terrible about yesterday's ZVM purchase. As far as I'm concerned, the ZVM sounds great with good recordings.

Don't. The ZVM sounds good and its sound is technically just as proficient as any other player; it's just that it tends to sound somewhat clinical compared to the Zune.

Jun 16, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #23 of 43
oooop ! I just found out the zune has crap battery life (for video). Jeez, thanks guys
frown.gif

Jun 16, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #25 of 43
I ONLY usb charge. heh. I guess I'm just used to it since I lost the charger for my zen micro and havent used anything but USB for about a year.

Anyway, I just browsed ebay for the hell of it and I guess nobody was bidding in the last moments when I was so I scored a screaming deal (seller even had great feedback). If I don't like it I will probably be able to sell it for a few bucks more than I got it!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 17, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #28 of 43
i have a zune and i just bought a creative zen w(just like the m but with a screen as big as the psp)
zune's sq is very good indeed, however the watch folder system in syncing music is not as easy as creative's much simpler media explorer.
go with the zmv if u are using a portable amp since there is no need foe the zune's hp jack. but if i have a choice i would consider the i audio x5l.......it woulsd pawn both players in terms of sq and batery life(35 f^&$ing hrs)
if i an return my zune or my ****** ipod i'll cop this. ohhh not to mention the iaudio works as a ums so it's "just drag and drop" no hassle with complicated software.

goodluck

Jun 17, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #29 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have a zune and i just bought a creative zen w(just like the m but with a screen as big as the psp)
zune's sq is very good indeed, however the watch folder system in syncing music is not as easy as creative's much simpler media explorer.
go with the zmv if u are using a portable amp since there is no need foe the zune's hp jack. but if i have a choice i would consider the i audio x5l.......it woulsd pawn both players in terms of sq and batery life(35 f^&$ing hrs)
if i an return my zune or my ****** ipod i'll cop this. ohhh not to mention the iaudio works as a ums so it's "just drag and drop" no hassle with complicated software.

goodluck

Thank you for the briefly AFTER I just said i already purchased the zune. LOL

Jun 17, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #30 of 43
don't worry. I'm certain you'll be pleased with the Zune. I personally find the software very easy to use, but it's not my normal jukebox. However, you just drag the files you want to transfer to the Sync menu, and click the Sync button. That's all there is.

You also may want to turn off a few options. There's one that is 'sync whenever Zune is detected' Turn that off. It's obnoxious and unnecessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back