Zen Vision M: how many use amps with it?
Feb 22, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #2 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnylexus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is the lineout on the ZVM? Anyone use an amp with it?

It's very good. You can use the EQ with the line out also although I felt it degraded SQ slightly.

Feb 22, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #4 of 13
Anybody use a Zen Vision: W with an Amp? I've used the Video out as an output to our Car Stereo and because of that I'm quite sure it will work quite well, but am wondering if anybody has any experience with it.

Feb 23, 2007 at 5:36 AM Post #5 of 13
I use a little dot micro +and UM2's with my ZVM and the amp does clear up the sound a bit, not heaps but it makes a diffrence, maybe a little wider sound stage and slightly more depth. Ripping all your songs to 320 instead of 128 would probably have the same effect. But if you rip to 320 and use a amp.
icon10.gif

Feb 23, 2007 at 5:40 AM Post #6 of 13
It's great that the player comes with a free line out, problem is, it keeps falling off, besides that it works fine.
Anyone have had the same experience?

Feb 23, 2007 at 7:46 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by That dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's great that the player comes with a free line out, problem is, it keeps falling off, besides that it works fine.

I think Qables or ALO makes a nice line-out dock for the ZVM. Expensive, but I think it actually kinda locks in place. In any case the iPod wins hands down for having a good dock connector, lol.

Feb 23, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think Qables or ALO makes a nice line-out dock for the ZVM. Expensive, but I think it actually kinda locks in place. In any case the iPod wins hands down for having a good dock connector, lol.

its the same dock connector as the ipod except that the pins are aligned differently. Its pretty easy to make a ZVM dock connector if you can make an ipod connector

Feb 23, 2007 at 3:05 PM Post #9 of 13
I use a Qables line out with a RSA Tomahawk. To my ears, it really does make a difference in that the sound is more dramatically vivid. That might change as I burn in the TH but in principle an amp is a good idea.
cool.gif

Feb 25, 2007 at 7:41 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by That dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL.

I'm scared to death I'm going to lose the dongle, so I don't take it out of my house.

It's the headphone jack only for portable use!

Feb 25, 2007 at 8:00 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghoti /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL.

I'm scared to death I'm going to lose the dongle, so I don't take it out of my house.

It's the headphone jack only for portable use!

I use an m:seed labs faith amp with mine. Sounds great....I can definitely notice a difference with the ER-4S, mostly that there's less distortion at volume than with the headphone out on the ZVM.

I haven't lost my dongle, yet, but I velcro the ZVM to the Faith Amp and it fits together nicely, the Faith Amp is almost like a nice and sturdy handle:
faithamp2.jpg

faithamp1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back