Zen Vision M 60 gig questions
Jan 23, 2007 at 1:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

donunus

Headphoneus Supremus
What is the battery life on the 60 gig model?
Does it have a line out or do I have to buy an accessory for it to have a line out?
I'm in the Philippines and since it is hard to instantly get these accessories, I would rather have them included in the box. If it needs a dock for line out question is: Does it come with the dock

Jan 23, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #2 of 8
it comes with a "dongle" which is one of these things
prod14539_hdr_1_6_1.jpg

it is a charger and a line out dock as well, but I have heard that it doesnt stay on very well and its really big when used portably. Also a mini to mini cable is needed to use the dock thing.
I dont know about the battery life except that it should be longer then the 60gb 5 gen ipod but on the creative website it says
"60GB
up to 16 hrs playtime (MP3, 128kbps, 4mins/ song)"
which is really sad

Jan 23, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #3 of 8
Yes, the dongle is a PITA. It works fine for a line out as far as SQ goes but it does not lock and is susceptible to pulling out without warning if you use the player/amp in a portable situation. For charging with an AC adapter(which I understand no longer is included??) and USB connection you will also use the dongle.

I struggled with the dongle for months using the Cardas mini>mini. I ended up using a rubber band to keep it in place,which looked bad and made it difficult to access buttons.

When you get tired of the dongle, look here for a LOD.

Jan 23, 2007 at 10:03 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No Charger included???

Unfortunately, Creative followed Apples lead and eliminated the charger. You can charge using a USB port, shell out for the official Creative charger or use a thrid party charger. Some chargers for other products have been known to work including the Sony PSP charger.

eek.gif

Jan 25, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaroncort /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The charger from my nomad jukebox 3 works fine.

The real world battery time for me seems to be 10 hours at 320kbps or there abouts at 1/4 volume.

wow thats really short. is the ipod battery play slightly longer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back