Zen Touch
Dec 4, 2005 at 1:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Chri5peed

Headphoneus Supremus
Has the USB port got a little plastic guard around the pins?

Picture.jpg

If it has, mine has broken off. Its pretty new too.
plainface.gif

The pins were a lot more bent out of shape, I've moved them a bit. My Dad bought it in Vegas so I don't know if Creative will fix it, my Dad might have a Credit Card receipt...

I use my DAP for many hours every day, so I'd have to replace it if its not fixed.

Dec 4, 2005 at 8:23 PM Post #2 of 8
The USB does come with a plastic cover (very small and black), and your pins sure got bent alright. But you might be able to get them back into place and still get the cable to connect, I have had to do something like that before with a Rio Riot ("Thousands of years ago"). The only two that look pretty boned are the middle two that are so close together, you will need something quite small to get between them.

Dec 4, 2005 at 8:44 PM Post #3 of 8
Thanks MrC, put me at ease, somewhat! My friend said his Touch doesn't have a cover on it, hes either blind or a fool! :p

Thats not their position now, been fiddling. Got them quite straight and evenly apart but no luck.

I hope Creative will fix it, they fixed my old 20GBs headphone jack. I might be forced to get an H340 otherwise, gotta have a line-out!
If they do fix it, do you reckon it would be an easy job to turn the headphone out to a line-out?

Dec 4, 2005 at 9:28 PM Post #5 of 8
Yes. It can't be the hardest job on earth, plus I doubt the Touch is bursting at the seams inside!

I bet a regular person could it if they felt brave, only a case of soldering a lead or two...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back