Zen NX vs 2.0
Sep 16, 2003 at 12:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

stevesolo

100+ Head-Fier
I am really thrilled with my new Zen 2.0 and now want to buy another Zen to give as a gift. I am considering the smaller NX because it offers a user replaceable battery and its smaller size but have a few concerns.

How significant is the smaller 8MB buffer size?

Besides that the LCD screen cannot be viewed through the case (how stupid is that) and the lower buffer size, are there other disadvantages of the NX from the Zen 2.0?

Does playcenter 3 support the NX?
Does NX use the same 2.0 drivers?

Sep 17, 2003 at 2:15 AM Post #2 of 4
i have never used the case that comes wiht it
the nx has a new creative software thats alot better than the one with 2.0
um...i really never had a problem with the battery. ofcourse i dont listen to it 8 hours per day
dotn know about drivers

Sep 17, 2003 at 2:58 AM Post #3 of 4
I found out today that Playcenter 3.0 does not support NX. I will probably get another 2.0 as a gift so that I can load it from my existing PC library which has not caused me any problems. Otherwise I would need to reconstruct a library with the new software, which is what I want to avoid.

Has anyone used the FM remote? It appears to be poorly constructed with cheap plastic. I was wondering how well the FM functions?

What would be a high quality carrying case that would firmly secure the Zen, the AC adopter and perhaps a pair of buds or the KSC-35's?

Sep 17, 2003 at 2:24 PM Post #4 of 4
The FM Wire Remote for the NJ3/Zen 2.0 is not too bad. The FM radio reception is pretty good and it records FM radio broadcasts pretty good. However, the voice recording is only mediocre at best. The one drawback with the remote is that when you are listening to a song, it only displays its title. It does not display the album or artist name.

I highly recommend the remote if you carry your Zen in a bag (like I do) since it saves me having to keep taking the player out of the bag.

As for the new MediaSource software that comes with the Zen NX, it's not any better than PlayCenter (aka they both suck). See this thread for more details:

Your opinions on MediaSource

wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back