****! Zen Neeon has hiss and low volume !
Oct 19, 2006 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

]|[ GorE

500+ Head-Fier
I parents got me a 6GB Neeon and i am not happy with the navigation at all.I realize why peiople get ipods now......

ANyway,according to people here at head-fi,this play isnt supposed to have hissing,right ? Well no,it has hiss.Not the kind of loud hiss but the player plays music against a slightly hissy background.The player has no black background ! Its like listening to music via a high quality cassette tape player.
The only time when theres no hiss is via the supplied super crappy sounding EP-480 ear buds !

My UR40 and Philips HP805 hiss! ANd ,whats with the volume ?? i need to set it at 35/40 for enjoyable listening ! (and the zens are praised for their headphone out !) I should have got an ipod instead.

End of RANT !

PS : Looks like i am going to have to use a cmoy with this ****.

Oct 19, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #3 of 4
Sounds to me like you got a defective unit
frown.gif

Even the cheapest players usually don't have hiss.

Oct 20, 2006 at 3:10 AM Post #4 of 4
My main and ONLY DAP is my old ZEN Neeon 5GB. I admit that they are not popular due to that laggy interface and minimalistic functions. But I never had problem with them hissing or anything like that. They are completely silen and black when no music is playing. Go for a warranty claim.

And yes, the Volume need to be set at least 33 to get a full sound. But one thing I can tell you is that there's no shortage of quality in ZEN Neeon. The output from headphone jack is as clear as day

Users who are viewing this thread

Back