Zen Nano + washer = bad
Oct 3, 2005 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

-Ruin-

Head-Fier
Just as the title said, I washed my Nano when it was in my pocket being washed. The headphones are faint now so I threw them out and got some $20 Phillips form Best Buy. Anyway, The player itself works all the files were still there and still sounds great, but randomly shuts off, or wont turn on and takes multiple attempts to start it. Is there anyway to fix this or am I just stuck with a goofy Zen Nano?

Oct 3, 2005 at 5:46 AM Post #2 of 13
I'd let it dry out for a LONG time before you turn it on again. More than likely it's hosed but if you get it nice and dry there might be hope. I've seen laptops recover from a good amout of water spillage if given the chance to dry completely. I'm not talking days - week or more min.

Oct 3, 2005 at 9:56 PM Post #4 of 13
that means the water inside or the detergent ions most likely (detergents contain many differnet ones) are shor circuiting oyur player. I would get it cleaned with an electronics cleaner immediately.

Oct 3, 2005 at 10:27 PM Post #5 of 13
if you get another one, I'm always interested in busted electronics I can salvage parts from
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 4, 2005 at 8:58 PM Post #7 of 13
I did the same thing to my E2s. Granted, those are phones not anything as complex as a source, but still. As soon as I realized what happened, I put them in the oven on "warm" (about 100-110 degrees F) overnight. They're just fine now. Just make sure your oven doesn't get very hot.
wink.gif

Oct 6, 2005 at 2:42 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech2
That stinks, but reminds me of the rather humorous warning in the instructions that came with one of my cordless phones (paraphrase):

"If the handset becomes wet, do not attmpt to dry it using a microwave oven."

Every time you see something like that, you just KNOW that someone went ahead and did it!

Seeing the "Warning: this cape will not enable you to fly!" sign on Superman capes at a toy store makes me cringe as to just what exactly people did to have this warning put on in the first place
rolleyes.gif

Oct 9, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #12 of 13
I'd get some distilled water from the local pharmacy and completely rinse your player clean (better if you can open all the compartment doors and/or take it apart) then put all the parts and put it on a tray behind the fan on your PC or on top of your monitor, let it air dry.

Oct 9, 2005 at 8:21 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by irvin59
You should have had an ipod nano http://www.macmerc.com/article.php?s...h<br /> old=0 seems they can cope with a wash.

I'm sorry.. what was the site about? I was too busy staring at the chicks in the last pic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back