Zen MX 16gb with microsd slot 80 bucks
Feb 18, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #2 of 5
Not sure why, but there isnt a lot of love for the Zen here : they seem like good players, but very few keystrokes expended on them.

Feb 18, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #3 of 5
I use mine for watching movies on trips, i have the 2gb version which i got free at work a few years ago (fell out of stock
smily_headphones1.gif
) and threw in a 32gb sdhc card. I actually sold my 30gb 5g ipod video because the screen on the zen is better, same size and the SQ is superior.

EDIT:

The Zen MX is actually a newer version of the Zen i have.

Quote:

ZEN MX

The ZEN MX is a derivative of the ZEN launched in 2009. The form factor is exactly the same as the ZEN, though a few millimeters thicker at 11.9 mm (0.47 inches), but there are a few notable feature differences. The ZEN MX does not support .AVI, .MPG, or .AAC files natively. In order for them to be played back on the device, they must be transcoded using the bundled converter. The player's button layout is slightly altered, merging the play/pause button with the power button. The MX version also allows for music to be imported from the SD card to the player's internal memory and library, in addition to the ZEN's original picture import mode.[6] Due to the ZEN MX using the MSC/UMS transfer system that makes the player compatible with Macintosh computer, it uses a slightly altered firmware than the ZEN which may not be installed on the original ZEN or vice versa.

(link)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back