Zen MicroPhoto: Need help moving or compiling ripped albums
Jan 15, 2007 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jmhays

New Head-Fier
I just ripped the audiobook By Order of the President by W.E.B. Griffin onto my Zen MicroPhoto. The problem is that for some unknown reason, when the program tried to automatically list the album title and artist, it came back with 3 different titles and authors (or artists) for most of the 17 CDs in the audiobook.

The program (standard Creative supplied software with all current updates) only recognized 1 CD correctly, the other 16 were either unknown (6 CDs) or two other artists. For all 16 CDs that were not read correctly, I even manually entered the correct title and artist but it did not transfer onto the Zen with that information.

I would like to combine all these various albums under the same artist so I don't need to search all over the place for these tracks.

Can someone please help?? Thanks.

Jan 20, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #3 of 3
A way to do this would be to go to the individual tracks in the Zen Media Explorer, right click, select Edit Track Properties, and in the little pop-up window enter the information that you need. When you are done with all the changes, close the application, and wait a few seconds for the player to update. Disconnect, try it. Note that for some reason these changes don't show up on your computer (or at least they don't show on mine). By this I mean that the track will remain in the previous folder/subfolder - the application will NOT create a new folder for the new Album and Artist names you entered. However, the track WILL have the new information, and in the player's files it will have the new information. In other words, a search with the new album and artist names will find it.

First try this with just one track to see if it works for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back