Zen Micro vs Iriver H10 - Which to Keep?
Mar 31, 2005 at 7:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

acoustiphile

Head-Fier
Here I am trying to decide what to do. I currently have a creative zm and just picked up a FREE h10 who's begging to be charged and turned on. Should I stick with the zm or pawn it? For those of you who have heard both in action, what do you have to say about the sound quality? How is bass response? Feedback greatly appreciated.

Mar 31, 2005 at 12:03 PM Post #2 of 21
BAHAHAHAH! If it's free, then why wouldn't you just keep both. i know you woudn't need both, but i mean, free is free!

how in the world did u get one for free, anyway?

Mar 31, 2005 at 2:51 PM Post #4 of 21
I'd sell the one with the biggest profit margin. The Zen is used, the H10 is brand new and retails for more, not to mention it was free. I have an H10 and like it but it can't be that much better than the Zen if at all.

FreAk
biggrin.gif

oh yeah, and the Zen is smaller...

Mar 31, 2005 at 3:56 PM Post #5 of 21
I wouldnt keep either, if they were girls the H10 in its current buggy form would be a gorgeous blonde. You cant believe she likes you , and your over the moon until you find her looking through your mobile phone recieved calls, she doesnt like your friends and you soon find out she cries a lot, too much in fact. Lose her now.

The micro on the other hand is like the bubbly , outgoing Debbie , she is happy all the time, she thinks she is a bit stupid, she is. She dresses in loud , fun clothing like Carrie out of sex in the city (i think that her name - honest im guessing) She lllooooovvvvveeeeessss animals and doesnt understand politics. She will annoy you and she cant be taken seriously.

My current 5giger is the Mrobe 100 , she is like Aimee , she is absolutley beautiful. She is great in the sack and makes you laugh. All your friends are jealous and want her.
I am sure she will find me out and dump me.

Mar 31, 2005 at 4:52 PM Post #6 of 21
personally, id get rid of the H10. its supposed to be very buggy. i hear great things and very little complaints about the zen micro. sell the h10 and get a set of good headphones or an amp or a load of music or something cool with the profits

Mar 31, 2005 at 5:15 PM Post #8 of 21
its iriver, there will always be more bugs. ive had very bad expirience with them before and would not recommend them.if the player goes belly up , good luck getting prompt support, or any support from iriver.

Mar 31, 2005 at 5:42 PM Post #9 of 21
iriver has fixed pretty much all the bugs in the H10

and I have never had any problems with my H120, the only real problem with iriver's firmware is them promising additional features and rarely ever delivering, but they do fix problems with the players

Mar 31, 2005 at 5:45 PM Post #10 of 21
as long as your happy, thats your opinion, i know that my player broke, and i emailed iriver 3 times over a 3 week period and never got a reply. that was two months ago. what sort of support is that?they sold the player and they want nothing else to do with it. thats lousy customer support.

Mar 31, 2005 at 6:35 PM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by fguihen
as long as your happy, thats your opinion, i know that my player broke, and i emailed iriver 3 times over a 3 week period and never got a reply. that was two months ago. what sort of support is that?they sold the player and they want nothing else to do with it. thats lousy customer support.

Yes, I agree with you on iRiverAmerica having a VERY lousy customer service. But it's a bit harsh that since "its iriver, there will always be more bugs". As an Korean, I contact iRiver Korea instead. And Currently, there are no flaws (to me) in my H10.

As a person who has owned both, all I can say is take the one that you like more. I personally like the H10, because of the design, colour screen, picture viewing, better radio reception, but also the Zen Micro out performs in other ways. If the sound quality is the key for you acoustiphile, I would grab the Zen Micro. IMHO the bass is much pronounced, and there is more clarity of the songs. But also if you custom EQ the H10, it can sound that way. Yes there were many bugs and problems with the v1.00 MTP, but the new v2.00 MTP addressed it correctly. Only thing about H10 right now that I'm not so happy with is the speed. There is a fairly big gap when I'm accessing Playlists, but I can live with it. The rest is only your choice.

Mar 31, 2005 at 6:42 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by doomlordis
I wouldnt keep either, if they were girls the H10 in its current buggy form would be a gorgeous blonde. You cant believe she likes you , and your over the moon until you find her looking through your mobile phone recieved calls, she doesnt like your friends and you soon find out she cries a lot, too much in fact. Lose her now.

The micro on the other hand is like the bubbly , outgoing Debbie , she is happy all the time, she thinks she is a bit stupid, she is. She dresses in loud , fun clothing like Carrie out of sex in the city (i think that her name - honest im guessing) She lllooooovvvvveeeeessss animals and doesnt understand politics. She will annoy you and she cant be taken seriously.

My current 5giger is the Mrobe 100 , she is like Aimee , she is absolutley beautiful. She is great in the sack and makes you laugh. All your friends are jealous and want her.
I am sure she will find me out and dump me.

Heh !

I guess that makes the ipod mini, Carolyn the Prom Queen, the most popular girl in school, every girl wants to be her, every guy wants her. But spend a little time with her and you may find her a bit lacking in some areas. She does not have a full range (ahem).......

Mar 31, 2005 at 6:46 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by sno1man
Heh !

I guess that makes the ipod mini, Carolyn the Prom Queen, the most popular girl in school, every girl wants to be her, every guy wants her. But spend a little time with her and you may find her a bit lacking in some areas. She does not have a full range (ahem).......

Haha I guess so. These are funny but accurate comparisons!
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2005 at 8:46 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockit
BAHAHAHAH! If it's free, then why wouldn't you just keep both. i know you woudn't need both, but i mean, free is free!

how in the world did u get one for free, anyway?

Here's how in a nutshell: text Waited in line at the L.A. venue for about 3 and a half hours
biggrin.gif

Quote:

since you have them both, why dont you test them out yourself and tell us?

As I mentioned in my first post, the iriver has not been charged/tested. I am still deciding which to sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back