Zen Micro..thoughts??
Jun 28, 2007 at 8:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ramw5p

New Head-Fier
Hi fellas..i have a 5gb zen micro, and have been pretty happy with it. Now the radio wont pick up stations anymore, and at the gym sometimes i like to watch tv/radio rather then just music. Anything else in this price range [50-60 used] that i should consider over the zen micro? Also, anyone know where i can get a deal on a micro other then fleabay? TIA

Jun 28, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Anything else in this price range [50-60 used] that i should consider over the zen micro?

No if you want to have still about 5GB on board. Maybe save some money and buy iriver H10 5GB or (if you can sacrifice capacity) Meizu M6?

Jun 28, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #3 of 4
Very good SQ on the Zen Micro straight out to headphones. I have an H120 with Portaphile V2 Maxed and a Rio Karma and the Zen Micro SQ compares very well. My Zen is only 4GB, but I keep it for when portability is critical.

Jun 29, 2007 at 12:43 PM Post #4 of 4
I used to own a zen micro until it died on me two years later... one of the better DAPs out there. I don't see video playback as particularly important; it's a nice feature to have but not absolutely essential, even gimmicky. A DAP as the term suggests should play audio files well, have good battery life and a user-friendly interface.

Maybe you'd like a zen stone plus or a zen v plus? Both are equally affordable and zen v plus satisfies your craving for video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back