Zen Micro Questions...
May 31, 2005 at 4:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DJ Mauler

500+ Head-Fier
hey guys thinkin about getting one of these, i got a few questions that i would love anwsered if you guys have the time.

1. does the zen go off of ID3 tags like most other players or... prolly does just making sure.

2. can i just transfer my folders over to it? atm i have 3.5 GB of music all in their own folders according to artists albums. now can i just move the entire 3.5 GB folder(that has all the indiviual artist/albums) over and it just reads the ID3 tags accordingly.

3. Battery Life whats the average batt. life( now the site says a certain amount) but sometimes thats not really accurate. and second does it come with a charger? if not can you buy one sep.( i ask because im fine with the usb charging, but if i go on vacation on a trip... etc i cant really bring along my computer to charge it.

thats about it, for now would appreciate all your help.

May 31, 2005 at 7:01 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
hey guys thinkin about getting one of these, i got a few questions that i would love anwsered if you guys have the time.

1. does the zen go off of ID3 tags like most other players or... prolly does just making sure.

2. can i just transfer my folders over to it? atm i have 3.5 GB of music all in their own folders according to artists albums. now can i just move the entire 3.5 GB folder(that has all the indiviual artist/albums) over and it just reads the ID3 tags accordingly.

3. Battery Life whats the average batt. life( now the site says a certain amount) but sometimes thats not really accurate. and second does it come with a charger? if not can you buy one sep.( i ask because im fine with the usb charging, but if i go on vacation on a trip... etc i cant really bring along my computer to charge it.

thats about it, for now would appreciate all your help.

1. Goes off? Im assuming you mean "use". If so yes the micro uses ID3

2. Im not absoloutly sure but with the new firmware that makes the micro identifiable using xp, you can see that the micro uses file tree via instruction from the ID3, so as long as your ID3's are all in order with the folder. EX: ID3 - Artist:Metallica Title:Fade to black - Folder tree: Music -> Metallica-> Fade to black.

3. I actually tested mine and got 10hrs with a mild EQ volume of 20 out of 25 and no other special features (like that smart volume wich sucks down 1 1/2 hrs of battery). Some people will claim 6 but I doubt that is continuous (the way everyone measures their battery life) or tested. The 5gb's come with a charger and all the other goodies, but the 4 and 6gb's dont because creative stopped putting them in the new lines of Micro's to save some cash.

EDIT: Actually for your second question I think you only have to have your ID3 artist info match up with the folder, since the micro only organizes by Artist and doesnt seem to care what the actual file name is.

May 31, 2005 at 2:09 PM Post #3 of 5
THANKS YOU for taking the time to read my post, another i thought of lastnight after i turned my comp. off.

playlists.... are they easy to make? by that i mean on the fly... or can you only do it while using the software?

May 31, 2005 at 2:27 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
THANKS YOU for taking the time to read my post, another i thought of lastnight after i turned my comp. off.

playlists.... are they easy to make? by that i mean on the fly... or can you only do it while using the software?

You can make playlists on the fly, it's really easy.

May 31, 2005 at 5:00 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricola_pak
You can make playlists on the fly, it's really easy.

that my friend is AWESOME, because when i have alot of music on me i dont listen to whole albums most of the time and the fact that i can make a playlist of 10,20,30 songs easy makes the zen micro come out on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back