Zen Micro Packaging
Jul 8, 2005 at 2:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

schwartz

New Head-Fier
After trying to get over the hard drive whine present on my zen micro, I decided to return it and pick up a different coloured black one from another store.

This new zen comes in a much smaller box and once I got home I realized there is NO ac adapter, belt clip, or stand. I was pretty frustrated by this, and I'm wondering if this small box, accessory-less zen packaging is actually a much older model, or maybe even something new. I should say too that I picked this up from Best Buy here in canada. Any info would be appreciated.

Jul 8, 2005 at 3:08 AM Post #3 of 18
Sorry the one I got w/ the small box was the new packaging? I really could use that AC adapter, but I'm more worried about having bought an older version which seemed to be prone to headphone jack issues.

Jul 8, 2005 at 3:57 AM Post #4 of 18
The new ones come without the goodies in the box, did yours come with the cradle/belt clip by the way? Just curious. I believe in the US the new 4/6 gb models are the same with, lacking accessories? Probably the reason for the price drop Futureshop and BB have been having.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 5:26 AM Post #5 of 18
The newer ones come with
* Zen Micro Player
* Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery
* High Fidelity Earphones
* USB 2.0 Cable
* Creative Media Source
* Installation CD
* Quick Start Guide

and the older ones come with an additional
* Power Adaptor
* Belt Clip & Stand
* Pouch

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Jul 8, 2005 at 5:39 AM Post #6 of 18
You're absolutely right. The new lacks everything extra that the old one had. Though if im not mistaken, the unit is the same.
They're doing what Apple did with the 2nd Gen Minis. Lowered the price 50 bucks, and took out the extras.

Jul 8, 2005 at 10:38 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by schwartz
Sorry the one I got w/ the small box was the new packaging? I really could use that AC adapter, but I'm more worried about having bought an older version which seemed to be prone to headphone jack issues.

i'm worried about this too, just bought myself one yesterday. And when i got home i read on the internet that i bought an old version. Things like this where the reason i bought it in a real shop and not on internet, but this shows you can just buy it online. Lets hope the hedphone jack will last
confused.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 11:03 AM Post #8 of 18
i got another zen micro from datavis.com 3 weeks ago. i was a bit disappointed when i got the box because it came with the extra battery and all the other accessories (i don't really care about the ac charger and other stuff as long as i get the newer version). to my surprise, it is the newer version with a different faceplate (the words "back" and "menu" are not written on the face of the unit). i guess i just got lucky.

Jul 8, 2005 at 2:07 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by romesaz
You're absolutely right. The new lacks everything extra that the old one had. Though if im not mistaken, the unit is the same.
They're doing what Apple did with the 2nd Gen Minis. Lowered the price 50 bucks, and took out the extras.

Why do price cuts always mean the loss of extras and goodies??? They say we’re getting a good detail, then force us to spend $20 for a charger! When they lower the price of a car, do they remove the radio and air conditioning? Rediculous…

confused.gif

Jul 9, 2005 at 6:15 AM Post #10 of 18
Just wondering, because I bought a Zen Micro on ebay, I wan to know how the box is sealed.
So how is the Zen Micro box sealed? Is it sealed simply by a sticker? or sealed by plastic wrap around the whole box?

Jul 9, 2005 at 2:47 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amuse
Just wondering, because I bought a Zen Micro on ebay, I wan to know how the box is sealed.
So how is the Zen Micro box sealed? Is it sealed simply by a sticker? or sealed by plastic wrap around the whole box?

the box should be sealed with plastic wrap and there should be stickers on the flaps.

Jul 9, 2005 at 5:46 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orestes
i got another zen micro from datavis.com 3 weeks ago. i was a bit disappointed when i got the box because it came with the extra battery and all the other accessories (i don't really care about the ac charger and other stuff as long as i get the newer version). to my surprise, it is the newer version with a different faceplate (the words "back" and "menu" are not written on the face of the unit). i guess i just got lucky.

So are you saying that all zen micros without words back and menu have fixed/newer headphone jacks? who said this?

Jul 9, 2005 at 7:16 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus
So are you saying that all zen micros without words back and menu have fixed/newer headphone jacks? who said this?

not really sure about that. but there must be a reason why they changed it, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back