zen micro headphone jack picture
Feb 13, 2005 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

LoveablePuppy

New Head-Fier
http://images10.newegg.com/productim...102-147-05.JPG

55-102-147-05.JPG

i think, by looking at that headphone jack, one can notice there is a gap between the hole where the headphone jack is inserted.

that may be the reason why many have complained of the problem, because the jack is not securely placed and sealed off.

Feb 13, 2005 at 8:25 PM Post #2 of 9
Yeah I noticed that on both of my Zen Micros that I sent back. I noticed that when you plug in the phones they go in crooked (this is not why I returned the micros). Perhaps the jack is not stabilized and when any pressure is applied to the jack from it being in your pocket it loosens the soldering or something.

Feb 13, 2005 at 9:07 PM Post #3 of 9
i notice that on my zen micro also. if i hold it at the right angle i could see the blue backlight glow inside that tiny gap. there was nothing wrong with my micro, but it was worth sending it back to get a refund.

it sux being on the market to search for that almost perfect mp3 player. it took me 3 months just doing hardcore research on which mp3 player to get, and only to find out that there is a flaw on the micro that i bought.

i doubt creative will fix the micro's headphone jack, unless someone starts a petition for it on the creative forum.

Feb 13, 2005 at 11:29 PM Post #4 of 9
why would then not fix it? rio fixed their static jack problem and creative fixed their last headphone jack problem with the xtra. as to people returning micro's when there is no problem except a crooked headphone jack...thats just the dumbest thing i've heard. its like returning a ferrari because one of the tires is skuffed.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 14, 2005 at 1:22 AM Post #5 of 9
hopefully creative will fix it, if they do, i'll get the micro. and there is a problem with the micro's headphone jack. it took some people a few weeks to a month, to two months before the problem occured to them

so it is a wise decision to return it, get the money for a refund while they still can, and play the waiting game. afterall, isnt patience a virtue. i am willing to wait till creative fixes the problem.

and the headphone jack aint crooked, it is not securely placed.

Feb 14, 2005 at 2:37 AM Post #6 of 9
All Zen Micros have headphone jacks like that. Me, my sister, her friend, and two of my friends all have Micros. Not a single one of us have the problem. It may be an issue, but I think it's more of a "forum scare" rather than a problem with all Micros. In fact I'm sure there are very few people who have actually experienced such a headphone jack issue, and the ones that do post it on a forum. Nobody is going to post a topic: "I don't have a headphone jack issue."

Feb 16, 2005 at 8:40 AM Post #7 of 9
if there's no other problem other then the phone jack, why would you wanna return it , you can always do a DIY job to seal it. it's easy.

Feb 16, 2005 at 11:35 AM Post #8 of 9
any idea whether this is mostly/only on the new ones? original ones?

i have an original one and the headphone jack is damn near perfectly centered and still. i almost wanna say that they tried to reduce costs by cutting back a little in quality with the new ones.
the only inconsistency about mine is that the border trim where the blue lights up has certain small segments where it's not smooth on the underside causing it to stand out/look brighter than the rest of the border, but that's purely aesthetics and very minor. still looks awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back