Zen Micro Firmware Update
Dec 9, 2004 at 7:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bandit1200

Head-Fier
Thought this deserved its own thread.....

http://www.nomadworld.com/downloads/...sp?nProdID=556

Creative Zen Micro PDE Firmware 1.01.03
ZENM-FWPDE-1-US

This web release enables you to upgrade your player's firmware, to enhance your Zen Micro experience.

It has been reported by some of our customers that they have experienced reduced battery life after charging their Zen Micro. Our product development team has researched these reports and determined that the users may have experienced this after they plugged their Zen Micro into the AC adapter that was already inserted into a wall socket with the AC power on.

While this is not the conventional way to plug in a player for charging, we wanted to ensure our customers did not experience this problem, so we have developed a solution to address this which simply involves upgrading the Zen Micro's firmware.

If you need assistance in doing this, please contact our customer support team and they will be happy to assist you.

This new firmware also includes an enhancement to improve touchpad sensitivity. We recommend that all of our customers download this firmware update to enhance their Zen Micro experience.

Fixes

Improves battery life when the player is charged with an AC adapter already plugged into a live power outlet
Improves touchpad sensitivity
Resolves the removable disk detection issue after the memory space is changed in Removable Disk mode
Removes extraneous sound occuring during playback of .WAV files
Requirements

Microsoft® Windows® XP, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition or Windows 98 Second Edition
USB port (2.0 or 1.1)
Creative Zen Micro
Note

To install the new firmware in your Zen Micro

Download ZenMicro_PCFW_US_1_01_03_PDE.exe.
Connect your player to your computer.
Double-click ZenMicro_PCFW_US_1_01_03_PDE.exe.
Click the Upgrade button and follow the instructions that appear.

Dec 9, 2004 at 7:58 PM Post #2 of 4
Did the update, worked fine. Its very easy.

Won't know about the battery issues for a few days, but the "low" setting for the touchpad is much better.

Also, when the unit is locked, touchpad doesn't trigger that annoying "Player is Locked" pop-up window.

Anyone notice any other undocumented changes?

-Bandit

Dec 10, 2004 at 6:52 AM Post #3 of 4
I don't know about y'all, but after I did the firmware upgrade, my ZM was actin' all funky, so I pulled out the battery and re-inserted it, and everything works great. I really am happy with the improved touchscreen feel, and the battery seems to really be holding up. It feels good to be happy with this player finally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back