Zen Micro Battery
Feb 8, 2005 at 12:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

eCs_LCS

Head-Fier
Anyone else getting ridiculously small amounts of charge with their ZM? I'm not exactly sure how long i am getting, but it cant be 12 hours, Would be having like all of my songs at a high bitrate(256) kill the battery faster?

Feb 8, 2005 at 1:04 AM Post #2 of 6
Try the 12-hour charge. Discharge the battery until the screen shows a "low battery" sign and the music stops. Then, plug your Micro into the wall and leave it there for 12 hours. The lights should stay on for the full 12 hours instead of going off after about 2 hours. I did the 12-hour charge and now I can go more than 3 days without charging my Micro (and I listen to it for at least 2 hours a day).

Feb 8, 2005 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 6
higher bitrates does drain battery faster, but shouldn't be much. i've got a mix of 128-256 kbps songs, my battery last 11+ hour with eq and smart volume off, and volume set at 15.

Feb 8, 2005 at 2:27 AM Post #4 of 6
mine lasts around 6-7 hours with smart volume on and equalizer off. probably a bit less with the equalizer on. could i be getting such bad battery life because when i first got it i didn't compeltely discharge it and then charge it? either way it doesn't matter much; i charge it every night so it doesn't bother me at all

Feb 8, 2005 at 3:08 AM Post #6 of 6
if you do a search of the forum you should find my post about the smart volume sucking the life out of the player. i think the title was "smart volume = battery hog". anyways theres a bunch of tips all over this site about the battery but basicallly all you need to do is about 6-8 full drain cycles then folow each drain with a full/overnight charge. i've found there is no real procedure to it. just do a bunch of drain/charge cycles and keep the damn smart volume off cause it kills it.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back