zen micro and bass
Aug 25, 2005 at 1:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

pretzel

Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm looking into getting myself a Zen Micro very soon. However, i wanted to know whether this player is able to produce a lot of bass? As in bass i can hear and feel while i'm out and about on the bus etc. Will it give me the quantity i am looking for?

I own an ipod mini, but i rarely listen to it as i dont like sound of it (read: lack of bass).

I'll be looking into purchasing possibly a set of superfi5 pros to use with the micro. I havent looked too much into the canalphones department yet.

thanks guys.

Aug 25, 2005 at 2:45 PM Post #2 of 6
well i havent compared it to many players but you can get a fair amount of bass from the custom eq. It often gets distorted if you put it to the max but if you get the right bass setting it works pretty well.

I love the zen micro and would recommend it over the ipod to ANYONE

Aug 26, 2005 at 10:52 AM Post #3 of 6
I like the sound of my Micro, I don't feel it lacks bass, but its not overly bassy heavy either. You can definately give it more bass via the EQ, but I'd say earphones would make a bigger difference to it aswell. Some phones have much stronger/powerful bass than others do. I'd say my mini discs have (especially my Shrarp unit) has much more powerful bass, probably too much, I usually turn it off.

Aug 26, 2005 at 11:05 AM Post #4 of 6
I've compared the sound of the iPod and Zen Micro and the Zen Micro is much bassier, you can even use the custom EQ to tweak it if you want. IMO, it has great sound quality, much better than the iPod (which sounded flat, tinny and distorted easily when using some EQ settings).

Aug 26, 2005 at 3:03 PM Post #5 of 6
are there any hd players that can match the bass output of MD players? I have a sony md player as well and i like the bass from it. I just want a smaller HD player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back