Zeitgeist IEMs
Apr 9, 2024 at 8:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Xinlisupreme

Headphoneus Supremus
Zeitgeist is a German word describing the “spirit” of an era. And this is what Zeitgeist in-ears are all about. Not just bits & bytes, frequency curves & driver set-ups, but the spirit & feeling, the passion & joy that music is made of – and made for. Curtain up for Zeitgeist – Made in Germany on the wild side!

More info:

https://headphone.shop/zeitgeist-in-ears/

Reviews:
https://kopfbox.de/testberichte/zeitgeist-la-dolce-vita-inear-testbericht/

https://www.fairaudio.de/test/zeitgeist-bye-bye-britain-in-ear-kopfhoerer/

https://www.faz.net/aktuell/technik-motor/digital/in-ear-hoerer-von-zeitgeist-im-test-17290726.html

It's pity that this gem was underrated considering who designed it, i'll be happy to try it if i'll have an opportunity. :)

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:40 AM Post #3 of 6
who makes these?

Apr 10, 2024 at 3:08 AM Post #4 of 6
who makes these?
They are made by the company InEar, which makes the excellent Promission X amongst others. And it seems to be a collaboration with headphones.shop

I think they even use the same shell shape.

Apr 10, 2024 at 3:46 AM Post #5 of 6
They are made by the company InEar, which makes the excellent Promission X amongst others. And it seems to be a collaboration with headphones.shop

I think they even use the same shell shape.
Exactly!

Apr 10, 2024 at 4:47 AM Post #6 of 6
@Sebastien Chiu

According to Thomas Halbgewachs, the brand's creative head, the Zeitgeist headphones should position themselves exactly between the latter segments. Halbgewachs is no stranger to many, as the former Beyerdynamic product manager and entrepreneur who can be described as a headphone nut has become a permanent point of contact for headphones and all the associated equipment with his Headphone Company and his demo shop in downtown Heidelberg. It's no coincidence that the headphone events in Heidelberg were very well received - and unfortunately, like so many things, they were suddenly slowed down by the corona pandemic.

The idea for his own brand of headphones, explained Thomas Halbgewachs at the presentation of the Zeitgeist in-ears, had been germinating in him for a long time. It was supposed to be a small, limited, factory-made in-ear series, with technically identical interiors but different looks (there are currently six designs). And why go far away, i.e. to the Far East, when the good things are so close - he must have thought with regard to the company “InEar” based in Dieburg, Hesse. Since InEar has a lot of experience with compound materials and produces exclusive in-ears as monitor headphones for professional musicians - but also for racing and the military - they were happy to work together.

Inside the “Zeitgeist Bye Bye, Britain” tested here (a homage to GB in Union Jack design created on the occasion of Brexit) there are balanced armature drivers for the high/midrange as well as the bass range. A 2-chamber BA is used - one chamber contains the low-frequency driver, the other the mid-high frequency driver. The Danish manufacturer Sonion provides the driver equipment for the zeitgeist. In-house developments are simply illusory given the small number of units, and so the decision was made to use tried and tested components that could be perfectly coordinated using a self-developed low and high pass (separating frequency at around 1000 Hertz), says Halbgewachs. A lot of time was invested in fine-tuning the sound.

When it comes to tuning, Marius Schmitt from the manufacturer InEar explains to me, the matching of the drivers plays a very important role, especially if you are aiming for a neutral sound. They attach great importance to such matching in their own products, but also in the Zeitgeist models - this is how they want to clearly differentiate themselves from “cheap manufacturers”. In the case of the Bye Bye, Britain, this means a driver matching of a maximum of +/- 1 dB. Even reference models from other renowned manufacturers had completely different values, as Schmitt emphasizes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back