ZCover for X5
Sep 27, 2005 at 4:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

calvinhobs

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone own one? I'm thinking about getting one...though it looks like the silicon covers the play button which kind of suck. I know you can play files using the joystick but it's easier with the play button.

Sep 27, 2005 at 4:48 PM Post #2 of 8
I've got one, the silicon covering the play button doesn't bother me any because it's just as functional as it was before. My only problem is with the headphone jack, I had to cut the hole so that it was big enough for the 90 degree headphone jack I have.

Sep 27, 2005 at 8:39 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuffMorgan
I've got one, the silicon covering the play button doesn't bother me any because it's just as functional as it was before. My only problem is with the headphone jack, I had to cut the hole so that it was big enough for the 90 degree headphone jack I have.

Sounds like I'd have the same problem too...I have the Shure E4s which have a 90-degree angle also. Do you have any pictures?

Sep 28, 2005 at 2:48 AM Post #5 of 8
Well I don't know that you'll have the problem I had, as my headphone jack plug is rather large, here's some pics from my phone...

11lq.jpg

27dp.jpg

(I'll get around to cleaning that up some one day...)

39aw.jpg

As you can see, my plug is probably a little bit more bulbous than the one on your IEM. So you might not have any problem with it at all.

Sep 28, 2005 at 3:21 AM Post #6 of 8
Thanks for posting those pics! Is that the grey Zcover or the black? From the website it's hard to tell the difference between the two also. Looks like grey to me. My IEM's do have a small jack so I think I would maybe have a little more luck. Well, I think I'm sold! Too bad I bought that leather case...anyone here want to by my leather case?
rolleyes.gif

Thanks again for those pictures, GuffMorgan-

Sep 28, 2005 at 4:41 PM Post #8 of 8
I got the gray one (as it's slightly transparent, and I didn't know if the black one would be too). I might actually be interested in buying your case if you get the ZCover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back