Zana Deux tube rolling kit
Jul 20, 2007 at 5:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ironbut

500+ Head-Fier
Just as I threatened a while back, this is the official Zana tube rolling kit thread. I know there's a new crop of ZD owners ( or soon to be ) out there, so this will allow you newcomers to behold the glory of tuning the one of the best tube headphone amps to your particular cans and ears. The four 6sl7 drivers that I have contributed can be found on this post;http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...&postcount=299 (#299 of the thread titled "eddie current zana deux owners")
Of course, all ZD owners are welcome to try these tubes and contribute any they find noteworthy. I don't think that a time limit is necessary and as the kit expands, time to properly evaluate them will also increase. The only thing I ask is that you try and spend the time you have with them listening. So, if the kit arrives at a bad time for you, PM me and I'll forward the kit to the next person in line and then back to you as you find time. If you add tubes, keep them separate somehow with contact info..
The only rule is you must post impressions of the tubes you try with source/phones/cables etc. Don't be shy! If you completely disagree with others, let us know. You may be sensitive to a flaw that others have completely overlooked. One of the purposes of this kit is to find the limits of the Zana with different phones/music/ears.
Anyone interested on getting on the list can PM me.
BTW Do Not contribute tubes that are cannot be replaced. Things do go wrong some times and if this is going to be a fun venture for all of us, keep it light!

Jul 20, 2007 at 6:22 AM Post #2 of 3
hey, where did you get that tube collector thing? I'd like to add one to put more tubes into the kit.

so far the tubes that will be included are, and i'll add more later.
1. Tung Sol GSU7-brown base, black glass
2. National 6sl7
3. RCA Redbase-5952
4. Jan 6sl7gt-v229
5. International 6DA4 rectifiers

Jul 21, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #3 of 3
If you haven't guessed, granodemostasa is currently in possession of the tube rolling kit. He posted some excellent impressions here http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...&postcount=340 Nice pictures David. Regarding the foam thing, it came with some used kt88 tubes I bought ages ago. I'll send you another piece. I think packing tubes a little loosely in foam is best since it doesn't transmit any impact of the outer box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back