Zana Deux Troubles
Dec 23, 2006 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

granodemostasa

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi
I had the zana moved for the winter to a friend's place, where i was hoping she would get to hear it and such. Well, I disconnected the power brick's unbilical and reconnected it after some difficulty... but it did go in. All five tubes are glowing and there is no microphonic sound. in fact, there is no sound at all! my question is, what could have gone wrong, the power supply, the input?

Since this is my first tube amp, could i be expecting things like this? could this simpy be my first dead tube? Thankyou.

Dec 23, 2006 at 10:10 PM Post #3 of 4
Look at the pins on the cord,amp & powersupply,You may have bent or broken a Pin.Graig mentioned not to force the imbilical cord & line it up before attaching it.

Dec 24, 2006 at 10:41 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi
I had the zana moved for the winter to a friend's place, where i was hoping she would get to hear it and such. Well, I disconnected the power brick's unbilical and reconnected it after some difficulty... but it did go in. All five tubes are glowing and there is no microphonic sound. in fact, there is no sound at all! my question is, what could have gone wrong, the power supply, the input?

Since this is my first tube amp, could i be expecting things like this? could this simpy be my first dead tube? Thankyou.

I would look first at a connector problem - input from source or output.

Could the source be failing to supply a signal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back