Zagg Z.buds...Anyone seen or heard anything about these?
Dec 6, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by srvctec /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for that review Taikero! That's the kind of first hand info I was looking for when starting this thread. Z.Buds sound like they might be worth trying out.

How did the cords seem? They look like a pretty good set-up for the price as well, at least for a noob like me.
redface.gif

They seemed sturdy and virtually untangleable, mainly due to the nylon material.

Remember, I didn't have these for any extended period of time, so I can't comment on their durability, burn-in properties, or even an extensive review on sound quality. All I can say is that they sounded way better than anything you'd get at a Costco, Wal-Mart, etc., and they'd easily give low-end ($100-$175) Shures/UEs a run for their money. For $65, it's worth it just to have headphones with such a nice cord (and iPhone support/mic). Also, getting a seal with these was pretty much as easy as getting a seal with Image X10s, and they were pretty freakin' comfortable once sealed to boot.

Honestly, if they'd offer that cord for other IEM brands that have replaceable cords (like UE), I'd buy the cord in a heartbeat.

Dec 6, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by hierobryan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zagg is based in Utah. Nuff said.

You're an idiot

Dec 6, 2008 at 11:04 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Had the Z.Buds you tried been burned in at all? There are plenty of cheap phones that sound much better after burn in, and if you were listening to a fresh pair it could account (at least partially) for the poor sound you heard.

Yes I do realize that for maximum sound quality they should be burned in. Only problem is I couldn't take them out of the office. I did listen to them for somewhere around two or three hours to different genres of music and it was pretty apparent that they were lacking midtones, with the bass being overbearing and slow to respond. But yes, the fact that I did not have two weeks in which to break them in, could have kept their true sound manifesting itself, or to some degree I'm sure. I did say in my post they were prototypes however and that I hope they have improved since then. (Or at least that is what I was meaning to say) I am glad that you did give a review of the actual z-buds. I wouldn't have put much weight on my post to begin with.

Dec 6, 2008 at 11:10 AM Post #19 of 24
But yes, even as prototypes, I liked the cord. It's pretty much the same as the Logitech's G5 mouse cord trading off a bit of flexibility for strong durability.

Dec 6, 2008 at 11:12 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoNtO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're an idiot

There's nothing completely wrong with Utah pride. Culture maybe, but the state itself has a lot going for it.

Dec 6, 2008 at 11:32 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jezza.risky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's nothing completely wrong with Utah pride. Culture maybe, but the state itself has a lot going for it.

I just hate seeing comments like that because I know the underlying meaning is about Mormonism. Yay, let's all fall back on ridiculous stereotypes and assume that religion has anything to do with a company's products or manufacturing procedures. Hey everyone, I'm Mormon! *gasp* But I still am a normal person that likes headphones and reads this site a lot. Although, my horns do get in the way sometimes when I try to put my headphones on...

Dec 6, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jezza.risky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But yes, even as prototypes, I liked the cord. It's pretty much the same as the Logitech's G5 mouse cord trading off a bit of flexibility for strong durability.

Strange you should mention the G5. I'm using one right now.

*feels mouse cord* Yeah, pretty similar I guess. Now just imagine if your mouse could defrag your hard drive in 4 dimensions.
atsmile.gif
Okay, maybe the Z.Buds cord isn't *that* cool, but it combined a lot of very nice features I'd seen across a variety of products into one slick package.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoNtO
I just hate seeing comments like that because I know the underlying meaning is about Mormonism. Yay, let's all fall back on ridiculous stereotypes and assume that religion has anything to do with a company's products or manufacturing procedures. Hey everyone, I'm Mormon! *gasp* But I still am a normal person that likes headphones and reads this site a lot. Although, my horns do get in the way sometimes when I try to put my headphones on...

The worst part is that people don't realize that the state isn't even mostly Mormon anymore. Mexicans (The alien kind) found the perfect spot to hide in Utah, really. At least most of them are decent people (It's the ones coming from Cali/Nevada that I loathe).

Oh, and there's a great horn clipping shop in Park City. They ask for a drop of blood from your firstborn, however. I've never been there, but I hear they can do everything from sharpening to "The Hellboy" to "The Dennis Rodman" (a.k.a. "The Chicago Bull").

Dec 7, 2008 at 10:56 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoNtO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would agree, there are alot of people that believe utah and mormonism are one and the same. On both sides of the fence for that matter. But I wouldn't really call myself much as a mormon, and having lived here for quite a while, I do have some utah pride, like californians have theirs and texans have theirs. I just can't stand the drivers :p

Taikero don't forget about that great day resort in SLC where you can take a bath, drink some blood, and put on some fresh magic underwear.
wink.gif

and I happen to be using a G5 right now since it's my default mouse. But your mouse doesn't do that?! oh man I thought they all came standard with 4D defragging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back