Z Reviews falsely describes planar tech.
Jul 18, 2015 at 9:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

jmotyka

100+ Head-Fier
So I was looking through YouTube for a review of the HE-400s and came across this guy z-reviews whose done a few videos before. But in this video he describes how planar drivers work and is completely false and it's hilarious!!
if this is not allowed then mods delete it. I found this hilarious enough to post here.

Dec 29, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #9 of 14
It's like the listening community forget that sound is subjective lol Yes there is a general sound and tone each headphone has, but in the end people like what they like we as reviewers can only give our opinions and whomever it is should take all information with a grain of salt. I agree with you @King CATalyst :)

Dec 29, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #10 of 14
youtube reviews are a waste of bandwidth and time and 99% poo anyway
Why would YouTube reviews be any different from others? I find a few YouTube reviewers to be very knowledgeable and trust them more than pretty much everyone on headfi at least. Most reviews here come from people who have purchased their product and they're not likely to criticise it because they want to feel good about their purchase. Every thread here is full of fanboys for their particular product.

Dec 29, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #11 of 14
Why would YouTube reviews be any different from others? I find a few YouTube reviewers to be very knowledgeable and trust them more than pretty much everyone on headfi at least. Most reviews here come from people who have purchased their product and they're not likely to criticise it because they want to feel good about their purchase. Every thread here is full of fanboys for their particular product.

YouTube is worse because people like to watch stuff because too lazy to read lol I don't hold most other reviews in high regard either...

Dec 29, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #13 of 14
The thing Zeos has going for him as a reviewer over most others at least here at headfi is he's had extensive experience in listening to a huge variety of headphones. But at the end of the day your tastes will either align with a reviewer's or not.

Dec 29, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #14 of 14
z reviews has a harder time with the pricier things where the differences are very small usually. I bit on his loxjie p20 amp and for the price does really well. so imo he nailed that review cause got me to buy and I actually liked it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back