Z brackets interest check for your future builds
Jul 4, 2009 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

vvs_75

500+ Head-Fier
Hello everybody,

Z bracket can be use to place your PCB flat on heat sink, pretty much like in B24 pictured below. This design approach let you use smaller chassis for you build or put a lot more stuff inside.

B24.bmp.jpg
[/IMG]

I searched the net for already fabricated Z bracket, until my head started spinning, then found these guys and decided to go custom. I found few other places but they start thinking about order only if you buy like 1000 Lb.

Get a Real-Time quote for your bracket needs.

To order just two brackets the price is just insane, but at 20 pieces, price gets more reasonable. If we can beat 25 or 50 pieces level even better.

Size:
Thickness: 3mm
Width: 360mm
L1: 24mm
L2: 11mm
L3: 20mm

Z bracket.jpg

The bracket size is to fit T0-220 devices. With the PCB mounted under side 1 there will be about 9mm in height between the surface of the heat sink and the bottom of the board, plenty space to run some wires or install SDM parts on that side.

Here is the price brake for 360mm width piece bracket. We can order smaller width size like 180mm but by going 360mm instead will save about 30 - 50%, and then you can cut the bracket yourself to whatever size you need.

2 -- $41
10 -- $13.20
20 -- $9.62
25 -- $8.91
50 -- $7.48

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #2 of 4
As far as I know, the brackets in the picture of amb’s β24 are just the brackets (4x) that included in the Pesante Dissipante enclosure from HiFi-2000. It looks like this, a kind of “L” brackets to mount the heatsinks to other parts of the enclosure.
amb just uses normal stand-off to mount the PCB’s to the heatsink of the Pesante Dissipante, nothing more or less.

Jul 4, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #3 of 4
Ferrari is correct about my β24. The boards are mounted with regular threaded hex standoffs (male on the heatsink side, female on the board side). The metal brackets you see along the edge of the heatsink are part of the Hifi2000 case, for attachment to the front/rear/top/bottom panels.

Jul 4, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #4 of 4
Hi,
I know that there are no Z brackets in B24. The picture is just to show the position of the board with regards to the heat sink, which is parallel and not perpendicular like when you use L brackets.
If you have just few MOSFETs on your heat sink, you do not need any bracket but if you have 6, 8 or 15 transistor at $8 each, like in my case, then Z bracket make life so much easier. If you need to get under the board to troubleshot or unsolder anything you simply can’t do it with you transistors sitting directly on heat sink.

May be that picture not very good example, but it was the first that I came across.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back