Z-Audio amps?
Aug 24, 2006 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

chouman

100+ Head-Fier
Anybody have experiences with these? I'm trying to figure out what portable amp would work well with my SR60s and UM1s since my Headroom micro is a battery glutton. Thanks. Looked at Xin's amps but don't want to wait that long. Other suggestions?

Oh, budget is hopefully under 150, and music preferences are mostly rock, pop, r&b and some classical jazz

Aug 24, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #2 of 8
For your price range, z-audio mu portable will fit the bill. It is his middle line offering. I believe head-fi member (seeberg?) gave very favorable review on that model. I have z-audio Lambda amp for awhile now and as far as sound quality, it is excellent. I also recently purchased Go-Vibe V5 amp from Norm and it is excellent as well from my very short initial impression, I just got it last night. This amp will run you about $85 including shipping. Both of these amps are no frill and simple design which sound wonderful to my ear.

Aug 24, 2006 at 6:48 PM Post #3 of 8
I have heard nothing but good things from people here that I trust. Hopefully someday I'll get to try one :/ I will tell you that Zemo is a super nice guy who's helped me out a ton in the past. If he says design sounds good, then I'm inclined to believe him.

Oct 14, 2006 at 7:24 AM Post #5 of 8
Feel free to contact me directly at z@z-audio.com if you've got any questions!
k1000smile.gif

Oct 14, 2006 at 8:10 AM Post #6 of 8
I saw the new prices on z-audio.com. Good news!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back