z-audio amp shootout
Jul 12, 2005 at 6:48 PM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
He also said he could add an high impedance output so that there wouldn't be hiss on those high sensativity headphones either.

Yes, but then you're also changing the frequency dynamics with high ohm headphones.

There are other ways of solving this that do not involve changing the output impedance (i.e. better design).

-Matt

Jul 12, 2005 at 6:57 PM Post #32 of 40
I don't know about that, but he did mentioned something about that not happening if it is implemented inside the feedback loop. I'm not sure if this would solve what you are describing; you'd be better off talking directly to him on AIM or something. I'm sure he'd be able to sort things out.

Jul 12, 2005 at 8:43 PM Post #33 of 40
ken_loo: Could you post a picture of the back of the Lambda? I'd like to see what the default battery slots look like and whether I should consider the battery sliders or not.

Jul 12, 2005 at 10:42 PM Post #35 of 40
Glad to see that Ty has his show on the road! Nice work Ty. Now send me a "demo" amp.
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Jul 13, 2005 at 2:56 AM Post #37 of 40
Oh, he's sending amps out for people to "demo" them? How much is it to get on the list?

Jul 13, 2005 at 4:15 AM Post #38 of 40
I'm looking forward to see what the Psi and Phi amps are like...any info on those yet?

I liked my Zmoy amp fairly well, matched up pretty nice with my HD-555s, ended up selling it though.

Jul 13, 2005 at 4:35 AM Post #39 of 40
I hear that they will be $300+ and really high end.

Jul 14, 2005 at 6:14 AM Post #40 of 40
The demo amps are to be sent to people for headphone centered events, mainly meets. If there's a long stretch in which there's no meets to get them out to, I'll see what I can do about getting them out to ya, but no promises!

And yes, the two home amps are designed to be very high end. Can't say much more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back