Z-5500 Question
Aug 13, 2008 at 11:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ZepFloyd

500+ Head-Fier
So I just got my Z-5500's and i'm having trouble getting them to play music. i have the 6 channel direct plugs in (green, orange,black) both the back of the volume control and my comp. i'm thinking it has more to do with my comp than the plugs. i dont have a sound card...maybe thats it? but when i run the test noises those work...so it must be hooked up right? what am i doing wrong?

any help is appreciated.

Aug 13, 2008 at 11:35 PM Post #5 of 9
IOs the logitech input is set to Direct and have you installed all related software?

Aug 13, 2008 at 11:38 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IOs the logitech input is set to Direct and have you installed all related software?

its set to direct yea...there was no software that come with the speakers

Aug 14, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #7 of 9
just tested some speakers through my comps control panel in the sound area. its set to 5.1 which is what i need...but when i test the speakers only the right and left satellite speakers make the test noise....i dont like the sound of that...but i dont think that explains why no music would come out at all when trying to play.

Aug 14, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #8 of 9
what plugs did you use on your computer? what colors where they, specifically? (if you plugged pink, blue, green, assuming your onboard can switch to 5.1, you'll need to do that, otherwise, you dont have 5.1 output)

do you have a DVD player or something that can drive a 5.1 digital source, to feed into the little decoder box and ensure all of the channels are working as they should?

Aug 14, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #9 of 9
i found a post on the logitech boards..something about the on board sound not recognizing the output right...i switched around the plugs putting em in different slots like it said got a couple of em working. its fine for now. i have an optical cord coming in a day or two so all should be fine then. thanks for the help though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back