yup..another thread on pizza
Jan 29, 2011 at 6:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

buffalowings

Went way too far, too many times.
from all the current food threads, it's obvious head-fier's love food. anywho what's your favorite pizza store and toppings? 

Jan 29, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #2 of 18
Pizza.......or pizza tapes
tongue_smile.gif
  It's all good, vegetarian toppings only please
cool.gif

Jan 29, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #4 of 18
I ate at CiCi's today. Not the best but pretty good and all you can eat...hard to beat.

Like the old saying:

Pizza is like sex, when it's good it's great. When it's bad it's still pretty good.

Jan 29, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #5 of 18
Apizza Scholl's in Portland, anyone?

GREAT Pizza Margarita and Bacon Bianca!
Just drooling thinking about it...

Jan 29, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #8 of 18

Quote:
Hear they have some great bakeries in Petaluma these days.

Someone has heard of something from Petaluma?!

blink.gif

I am shocked. Anyway, yeah there's some good stuff going on around here lately. Another Northern-California exclusive is Mary's Pizza Shack, a rapidly expanding family owned chain based out of Sonoma. Delicious. I hear one just opened in Sacramento.
If you knew Petaluma fairly well, you were probably aware of the presence of a local coffee chain called Deaf-Dog coffee. Tis' sad to say that the chain passed away about two years ago. 

Jan 29, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #9 of 18
My coworker is from there and we were talking about the lack of good bakeries down here and he mentioned that many good ones had sprung up there in the last couple of years.  I have been thru there several times, mostly in my hot spring days up to Mendocino/Ukiah, Williams and Middletown....if you know any of those, as well as just trips through.

Jan 29, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #10 of 18
I certainly do! I got my much loved Aussie from a breeder in Middletown.

I know the whole area very well, I've lived here my whole life.

Jan 29, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #11 of 18

Quote:
I certainly do! I got my much loved Aussie from a breeder in Middletown.

I know the whole area very well, I've lived here my whole life.

Then you know of Harbin, which is the biggest of those places mentioned before.  I had a hippy girlfriend take me there and i went on to frequent the place for a couple of years.  My wife now got tired of it but we go to the other two occasionally, more often to Wilbur Springs but periodically to Orr.  They are quieter than Harbin.

Jan 29, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #12 of 18
I know of it, and Lake county, but I can't say that I've ever been there. My family has always tended towards the coast more, i.e. Mendocino, Gualala.

Speaking of Gualala, there's a great pizza place there. It's a one road town, so you can't miss it, but I don't know the name.

Jan 30, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #13 of 18

Quote:
ehh, I'd rather eat Buffalo Wings.

Taken the wrong way (as directed toward the thread progenitor), that could be seen as cannibalism. 
eek.gif

More to the point, I haven't come across a pizza chain I much liked. They sort of compete for which one I like least, and I still can't decide who wins...or is it loses?

As far as single-location/local joints, one of our old customers has an Italian restaurant. I remember that, though I'm no fan of Italian food in general, everything I had there, including the pizza, was quite good. For anybody in the SE Michigan area, it's Ferlito's of Grosse Pointe. The Internet seems to think it's still there--I couldn't say for sure myself since we haven't heard from our friend or been to his restaurant in ages.

Jan 30, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #14 of 18
Papa Johns,

I like it with alot of toppings, 

pinaples, mushrooms, onions, green pepers, sliced tomatos,sausages, ham,  

then if more, 2x mushrooms, and other, and three cheese

Feb 1, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #15 of 18
Pizza Factory ( Usually in small towns but its good as hell)

Toppers Pizza (Southern California- I tried it in Oxnard)

And one where you can find anywhere--Round Table.  

I love all these three because they don't throw a crap load of sauce on their pizzas like others do.

And just pepperoni for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back