Yulong DAH1 - Defective Display Problem
Oct 31, 2008 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Comex

New Head-Fier
I just received a brand-new Yulong DAH1 and when I powered it up, the display backlight comes on but there is no display (no letters or numbers showing the mode, volume level, or other decoding information.) My computer recognizes the USB DAC chipset when connected, but I get no audio signal through the unit. (Of course, since I can't see the display, I could have it muted, or turned down completely, or on a different input...who knows?)

Has anyone seen this before? I've e-mailed the seller/manufacturer but have not had a reply yet. I hate to have to ship it back and so I'm hoping that there might be an LCD contrast adjustment internally, or a voltage selector jumper that's set wrong, or a component that might not be seated in a socket securely.

Other forum members have noted that the display is pretty dim and hard to read as it comes from the vendor, but this unit really doesn't have any text or numbers visible at all.

Thanks for suggestions. I just hate to pack it up and ship it back to China and wait another few weeks if it's something curable here at my house.

Nov 2, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #2 of 5
I heard from the vendor, but he had no suggestions other than to return it. I obviously don't want to spend the money to ship it to HK if it can be avoided.

I've checked the ribbon cable to the display module and it seems to be firmly plugged in at both ends. There are no internal voltage selector jumpers.

Now that I've seen one defective unit, I'm a bit concerned about the product itself. Has anyone else had problems with the DAH1? This is NOT a DAH1 Mark.

In fact, if anyone thinks he/she can fix it and is within the US, I'd sell this unit for a very cheap price. PM me.

Nov 2, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #3 of 5
Does it work? If you use USB cable, turn the dac on, then press "mode" button once and turn up the volume. You should hear the sound.
When you start it, first coax input is loaded, the USB, then optical and finally it works using analog input. You change inputs by clicking "mode".
Maybe you can do without the display?

Nov 5, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the suggestion.

I've tried to get some signal through the unit, but it does appear to be completely dead. I'm guessing that the Cirrus (I think) switching is bad, but I'm completely unknowledgeable about such things.

I've packed it up and off it goes. I just hate to spend an extra $$$ to return it and I know that they don't want to spend thextra to ship me another one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back