Yulong D100II not recognized in Windows 7
Aug 13, 2012 at 11:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

furjim

New Head-Fier
My laptop ran out of battery and my computer did a hard shutdown while my Yulong D100-II was connected. Now, Windows 7 is not recognizing the device -- it says "Unknown Device" whenever it is turned on. Any ideas on how to fix this? I tried disabling and re-enabling the USB hubs to no avail. It is a plug & play device so do I need to reinstall the USB drivers? Thanks in advance.

Aug 14, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #3 of 5
Don't do that right away...

Why not uninstall the device completely (or the unknown device in this case) and plug it back in since it's plug and play? Or get the latest driver and try that if plugging it back in doesn't work? Many options before a full system restore. That's ridiculous.

Quote:
Have you tried system restore ?

Aug 14, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #4 of 5
I did a system restore and still get the same error. I tried uninstalling the driver for the Unknown Device and no luck either. The error I get in the details page is "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".

UPDATE: ****... I tried plugging it into another computer and it gives me the same error message..... I guess the D100 must have gotten screwed up from that somehow. I bought my D100 off eBay so I don't think it comes with a warranty =/... does Yulong even have a website??

UPDATE 2: Yulong's contact info was on the instruction manual, so I will try to contact him. Their website (http://www.audio-sz.com/) is down though.

UPDATE 3: Sorry I am "thinking out loud" on these forums.... this was just so damn scary! I found in the manual that it says 1 year warranty. Phew. Thanks for the suggestions koc and MorbidToaster.

Sep 30, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #5 of 5
Turned out this was not a hardware problem. I ended up having to reinstall Win7 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back