Yulong D100 - USB issues on itunes...popping and cracking
Feb 23, 2011 at 12:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Syan25

Headphoneus Supremus
Popping - cracking after 5 minutes of playback ...

Using ALAC files recorded at 16bit/44.1khz but trying to playback using the QuickTime preferences for Audio - at 24bit/96khz...

Is it the D100 or itunes?? Is it a latency issue and how to alter the latency on the QuickTime preferences - what ought the setting to be? 

It is set by default at 33.000 ms. ___ only 33!

After 5 minutes - popping. Then today when i tried it again. ok until 5 minutes and then popping - This time itunes tells me that audio playback on the audio hardware device has encountered a problem and can not continue...

Why after 5 minutes - is it running out of juice or something??

When I playback on my speakers using an Sound Blaster x-fi sound card - through my speakers - at 24bit/96khz... no issues...

Stressing out here!

H

Feb 24, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #3 of 3
Well - my set up is as follows - 

itunes playback at - 24but/96khz using ALAC files recorded at 16bit/44.1 khz

itunes playback > Audigy x-fi sound card > altec lansing 5.1 surround sound = No problems

itunes playback > USB > Yulong D100 DAC > headphones = cracking - glitching after 5 minutes of playback

Is there any USB driver that I can use to offer me higher latency settings that itunes/quicktime (quick time can offer me 0 ms to 99.000ms only) I want a driver only for when I use USB audio and not when I use regular playback through my sound card speakers.

Or a plug in for quicktime that can offer me higher latency to solve the glitching...

Also - if I set itunes to higher priority in the task manager - will there be any improvement or negative side effects??

The thing that bothers me is that the D100 is supposed to be an acting as a soundcard BUT it says on the manual that the D100 doesn't need a driver to run on any OS. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back