yuink pk3. wow!
Oct 6, 2008 at 5:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

johnnq

New Head-Fier
after hours and hours of research, i bought these on the last day of the sale. i'm not an audio freak so this isn't really a review, more of a reaction.

you guys were right, these beat the crap out of ipod heaphones! and for the same price. i wasn't impressed by the bass, which is supposedly quite good for earbuds (maybe i was expecting better from the reviews). still better than stock. there is a constant hiss no matter what i play. also, my classical music in mp3 format isn't quite as enjoyable to listen to. i'm not sure if i should be happy with such clarity, or super happy.

so how should i break these in? lots of different music? do i crank the volume all the way (is this bad)? there are too many different topics i'm not sure who's method is best.

Oct 6, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #2 of 3
Just listen to them at normal volume. I bought them recently, too, but I didn't notice any break-in changes.

Jonas

Oct 6, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there is a constant hiss no matter what i play.

That would be a problem with your source, not the earbuds
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so how should i break these in? lots of different music? do i crank the volume all the way (is this bad)? there are too many different topics i'm not sure who's method is best.

I just listened to them at normal volume. The treble was harsh at the start, now it's much better (don't know how many hours I did, maybe 50-60?). Also, use foams. Try the donut ones, maybe you like them, I like the normal ones better. I found the original ones (normal or donut) too loose, they were always slipping. Found a couple of these at home:

Bandridge replacement foams

They fit perfectly, as if they were made for the PK3. Also, the hole is much smaller, so while they are harder to put on, they hold in place tightly. The same goes for the PK2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back