Yuin replacement pads?
Aug 27, 2007 at 1:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

todd92371

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,
Lost one of the original pads on my yuin buds. Does anyone know where I can order these stock pads?

Todd

Aug 27, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #3 of 15
Will these pads change the sound signature?

todd

Aug 27, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #4 of 15
Don't really remember how much a difference or in what way as I only messed around with them on the first day I got them, which was a while ago, picked what I liked best and haven't listened without. I do remember having a conversation with mikeg, whose ears and taste I trust, about a month ago, who said that he noticed a difference and chose the donut pads as well. I don't remember what qualities he was referring to, though. Maybe you'll have to try things out and report back to us
biggrin.gif

Aug 27, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #5 of 15
Just make one, takes less than five min. All you need is a straw and a regular earbud. Just press the straw upwards to the earbud and cut it with scissors. below is some drawing I did. I make my own for my Pk1 and seems to work fine.

testaz5.png

test2oa2.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by todd92371 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,
Lost one of the original pads on my yuin buds. Does anyone know where I can order these stock pads?

Todd

Aug 27, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #7 of 15
Which radio shack pads are you using? I don't use the one with the hole either! Did they change the sound at all?

todd

Aug 29, 2007 at 6:28 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by flargosa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just make one, takes less than five min. All you need is a straw and a regular earbud. Just press the straw upwards to the earbud and cut it with scissors. below is some drawing I did. I make my own for my Pk1 and seems to work fine.

testaz5.png

test2oa2.png

Thanks for a great tip!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 29, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by shleepy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Make that x4 for the radio shack ones. Just got some today as a matter of fact, and they're something like $4 for a 4-pack.

x5. Found shack pads at the same price. I punched a hole with a paper hole punch and then used that side for the earbud to go through (so the pads are installed "backwards" with the original hole facing my ear).

Fit is better on my right ear (the one that gave problems) and sound is pretty much the same...except for maybe a touch more bass as others describe. That may be due to the better fit in my case.

Aug 29, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #13 of 15
Aug 30, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #15 of 15
Those silicon tips are definately no no. I have the exact same one.
They are too soft to be properly inserted into your ear canel. They don't do any noice isolation at all!
Also, everything sounded too muffled.
This is my personal experience with these silicon tips and PK1, and it's really not worth the effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back