Yuin PK3 Problem
Jan 25, 2009 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Possede

500+ Head-Fier
Hello,
I have used these for less than one hour, and I have just noticed that the left earphone distorts as if it has a hair vibrating off of it. All the sound is there, it's just something is making it rattle at low frequencies. I have tried sucking gently, blowing on the earpiece to no avail. I really don't want to be sending a £25 earphone back to China for a replacement though, so any help would be appreciated. Can these be dismantled without breaking them?

Many thanks,
Sam

Jan 26, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #2 of 12
Sounds like you got a rare bad set. I've owned them twice and no hassles. I'd say you will have to ask for a replacement. Didn't you buy them online from an UK-based etailer? They should replace them.

Jan 26, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like you got a rare bad set. I've owned them twice and no hassles. I'd say you will have to ask for a replacement. Didn't you buy them online from an UK-based etailer? They should replace them.

Ahh well, I thought I might have had to send them back. I couldn't find anywhere that sold them in the UK, so I bought them from Head-Direct. I have just sent them an e-mail explaining the situation. That's a real bummer.
frown.gif

Jan 26, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Possédé /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,
I have used these for less than one hour,
Sam

how loud, how much bass?

mebbe you blew em?

Jan 26, 2009 at 10:45 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by what? /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how loud, how much bass?

mebbe you blew em?

When I turn the volume on my iPhone about 60% of the way, the problem starts to occur. The problem occurs when listening to songs such as Supermassive Black Hole - Muse or when listening to electronic music, for example DJ Tiesto. Fang has sorted me out and I'm sending them back for a replacement. Any idea why he has given me an American address? I though mine came from Hong Kong.

Jan 26, 2009 at 10:49 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

When I turn the volume on my iPhone about 60% of the way, the problem starts to occur. The problem occurs when listening to songs such as Supermassive Black Hole - Muse or when listening to electronic music, for example DJ Tiesto. Fang has sorted me out and I'm sending them back for a replacement. Any idea why he has given me an American address? I though mine came from Hong Kong.

Some companies (like Little Dot) have a place in the USA. Dunno exactly why, but it makes returns way more convenient, don't you agree?
wink.gif

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:13 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some companies (like Little Dot) have a place in the USA. Dunno exactly why, but it makes returns way more convenient, don't you agree?
wink.gif

Ah, that explains it - and I do agree.
tongue.gif
Thanks.

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:53 AM Post #9 of 12
Fang (Head-Direct) is in the U.S. but he keeps some of his inventory in China (so he doesn't need to import to U.S.). I assume this keeps the cost down.

Jan 26, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

i guess there is a possibility that its the iphone? you might want to try a different source b4 you start shipping things around teh world?

Jan 26, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by what? /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i guess there is a possibility that its the iphone? you might want to try a different source b4 you start shipping things around teh world?

x2 on that. I've had my PK3s for 4 months and I don't throw tons of massive bass at them, but the several Muse and other low-end heavy songs are handled by them with no rattles or distortion.

Also, are you using a bass-heavy EQ on the iPhone that might be introducing the distortion??

Jan 26, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #12 of 12
Hey guys. I've tested them with the iPhone, iPod and computer as a source. I'm using the treble booster with my iPhone as well. So I can rule out that it's a source issue. Thanks for your input guys.
regular_smile .gif
I'm sending them to Fang sometime this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back