Yuin PK3 OR OK3?
Jul 18, 2009 at 10:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Akash

100+ Head-Fier
Which one is better SQ wise??
Gona be using it as a earbud not in-car canal...
k701smile.gif

Jul 23, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #3 of 7
Curious also. Have the PK3's and love them. Wondering if I should get some OK3's for backup instead of another pair of PK's.

Jul 23, 2009 at 11:18 AM Post #4 of 7
well yesterday someone asked me about buds and so i suggested yuin and when she looked at the price she immediately said the pk and ok1 could go fcuk off so the pk1 was the most appealing to her for cost reasons. just if there was a great deal or sound sig type separating them would be nice to say yeah the ok1 sound more like x y z and are thought to be worth the little extra

Jul 23, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #5 of 7
I've read that the OK3 takes the strengths of the pk3 (low end) and pk2 (highs, though less overbearing) and combines them to a very price-effective bud-phone. Should my pk3's falter, they will probably be my next buy. However, this review states that they're not far from the PK2 because of this; the sound is more lean/refined.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...series-329311/

With amping, the OK3 sounds like a stronger earphone on paper but that'll require some first-hand comparisons.

Oct 25, 2009 at 8:21 AM Post #6 of 7
I've had and sold a pair of PK2. I like the idea of the bassier qualities of the PK3 which I have not experienced myself, though have been advised of by a friend, mixed with the nice mids and highs of the PK2.

The PK2 was JUST TOO LEAN for moi. Makes the Phonak PFE sound like a basshead's phone...

Oh and the PK2's bass signature was DRY. I'm curious about the PK3/OK3 bass signature or flavour or rendition or whatever descriptive you'd care to throw at it...

Anybody care to weigh in?

Oct 25, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #7 of 7
I would be interested as well is hearing how the OK3 compares to the PK3. I only have the PK3, and compared to the RE2 and RE0, the PK3 is bassier (very nice controlled impact), more open sounding, and more vibrant sounding. Things really pop out at you with these. I was thinking of returning them and just use my RE0, but these PK3's have really grown on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back