Yuin Pk2
Nov 25, 2007 at 5:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

weste47

100+ Head-Fier
just ordered a pair of yuin pk2 earphones to go along with my 80 gb classic. I can't wait to get them.
icon10.gif
Anyone else have the same portable setup? If so how is it? I got them from headroom online is that a pretty reliable store?

Nov 25, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #3 of 15
I have PK1's and a G4 iPod. You won't be disappointed with your combination! The PK1's are amazing with an amp and the PK2's are supposed to be great without the amp. I got mine from Headroom along with a lot of other stuff. They have always been very reliable and helpful.

Nov 25, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #4 of 15
yeh I think the classic will take a little while to get use to after having my old 5gen 30gig ipod. Any feedback on the headroom store?

Nov 25, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #5 of 15
I bought my PK2 from Headroom and they are great. Really responsive on answering questions and very helpful. I also really like my PK2. I use them out of a 2G Nano and they sound great both amped and unamped.

Nov 25, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #7 of 15
One more quick question. Are the yuin pk2's about the same size or pretty much the exact same size as the ipod earbuds that come with the ipod. Because I find most earbuds that are that size (I have a few different pairs of cheapo ones) all fit my ears perfectly.

Nov 25, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #8 of 15
I would say they are similar size. The cord is alot longer though. I have to stuff a bunch into my pocket when I use it but I like it better than having too short of a cord.

Nov 26, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #9 of 15
An 80GB Classic and the PK2s are my main setup for listening. They're great together. The stronger bass of the Classic (compared to the 5.5G) shows up well on the PK2s, especially if you use the solid foamies from Radio Shack (available online or at any Radio Shack for $4).

Rick

Nov 26, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperNothing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really recommend the donut foamies that are provide. I think they give the PK2 their best sound.

I actually recommend you first put on the regular foamies, and then the donut foamies on top of that. It will give you really good bass and better isolation (if your ear permits).

Nov 26, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #15 of 15
After I get the Yuins I'll have two portable options, which would be the yuin or the ath-es7. For me mainly I have found the es7's are just a little to big or for that matter any over the head headphones are to big for school use really, or on really long car rides they get uncomfortable after a while so for now I am just using the es7s with my computer and the yuins will be for wherever else. : ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back