Yuin PK2.... I heard they were good, but compared to the PX100?????
Apr 2, 2008 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

adkimemory

Head-Fier
I was wondering what people thought about the Yuin PK2....
I don't know if its because i grew up listening with earbuds, or their transparent portability, but I've always loved earbuds. I heard these were the best choice for unamped earbuds? I don't have a headamp, so the PK1 is out of the question.

how are they?? how do they compare with the PX100 in SQ??
I don't really want IEMs, as i don't want any isolation.

thanks

Apr 2, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #3 of 13
The PK2 has a good amount of detail but is lacking in bass. Using the included earpads improves the bass but also cuts out some of the detail. I can listen to them all day and they're not fatiguing. I've had them either hooked up to my iPod or my computer, but I've heard that an amp will improve the sound. Compared to iPod earbuds, the PK2 is a breath of fresh air, but I was expecting more for $79. I wish I could compare them to the PX100 for you, but I've never heard the PX100.

Apr 2, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #4 of 13
PK2's offer alot more detail and transparency, but bass may be lacking coming from PX100. I tried both, and found PX 100 to be too dark and veiled for my taste. PK2's have surprisingly good SQ, and added in with convenience and portability, I thought they were well worth the price.

Apr 3, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #6 of 13
Some people actually prefer PK3 to PK2 as it is more fun to listen to and has a punchier bass. PK2 is more detail and a flatter freq. response in comparison, which might not be your liking.

Apr 3, 2008 at 2:39 AM Post #8 of 13
Classical music? Probably PK2, but PK3 isn't too shabby itself.

Apr 3, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #9 of 13
I have the PK3 and PX100. I only recently have gotten the Yuin and have not really sat down to A/B them. I use the PK3 strictly for listening in bed. I can say they are more "airy" than the PX100 and the bass is only marginally shy of the PX100. Then again I am listening to the PK3 with a tube amp and CD's. Hopefully I van make some time over the weekend to do some comparing. I picked up each in the for sale forum for $30 each shipped. For $60 you should get both.

Apr 4, 2008 at 5:18 AM Post #11 of 13
ummm im pretty sure i did in previous post...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back