Yuin PK1 > FiiO E3 > 3.5mm - 2.5mm > Nokia E71
Feb 1, 2009 at 9:41 AM Post #31 of 36
Same with the E61... Might be the cheap adapter, but it sounds awful, and hissy with my high sensitivity LW's. Volume stops arent big enough, and I cant get the voloume I want, and it sounded no better with a Cmoy.

Shame, I like using the Last.fm thingy (which doesnt seem to upload what I play in the Nokia player?? Any idea?)
frown.gif

Feb 1, 2009 at 10:14 AM Post #32 of 36
DUDE!

Just heard the iPhone is getting in browser flash. In the comments section, someone said that E61's can do this with a browser called Skyfire. Its still in Beta, but offers the page overview and zooming like Opera Mini, but full browsing like Opera Mobile, and owns the nokia browser IMHO.

Well. It offers flash in browser, youtube etc.!

I am so happy. Only thing I always wanted this to do!

Matt

Feb 4, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #33 of 36
has anyone compared the Nokia 5310 XM to the Nokia E71?

I'm thinking to upgrading from the Nokia 5310 XM for more functionalities (i.e. 3G, WiFi, keyboard, more programs as in S60) but can't really think of a good replacement.

The 5800 XM looks good but it's too thick (I'm spoiled now).
E71 is almost the same thickness as the 5310 XM but I'm worried about the audio quality.

I'd prefer no adapter, I can tolerate the 2.5mm to 3.5mm one but no extra wire.

Apr 8, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #34 of 36
Hi guys, I thought I'd dig this thread up a bit to firstly add that I have the same experience as vladimirx: I'm getting unbearable hiss on my current 'phone, which is the Audio-Technica ATH-CK7.

I'm using the remote control with the stock canalphones for the time-being, since the hiss on them is quite a bit less. I'm curious though, has anyone got the impedence adapters to work (or even found one to begin with)? My ipod touch is on the fritz and currently I'm not keen on getting another player, so hoping the phone can standby for the time being.

Aug 11, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #35 of 36
Aug 11, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #36 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by genesis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to totally agree with you akki. I just bought a 2.5 to 3.5 converter for my e71 after reading your post and totally agree with you.

I plugged in my super.fi 5 pro and I was quite amazed at what i heard. Quite a capable player indeed. I generally use a first generation iriver clix. I was looking to get a second player but after hearing the e71, I am not so eager to get one. Will just a bigger micro sd card.

It also has a pretty good amp. My sf5p go really loud with them. Nice separation and a good soundstage too.

Also i can't hear any hiss when the volume is turned up without the music playing.

P.S: Even i had tried with included earbuds initially and thought that the player probably sucks. Could not have been more wrong.

Now I am thinking how the n85 would compete with this in the sound department.

I'm trying to use the Super.fi 5vi with this phone... have you had any luck with headset iems, or do you just use them for stereo and use the phone's microphone? Man, I wish I'd found this thread before I bought the 5vis!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back