Yuin PK1 > FiiO E3 > 3.5mm - 2.5mm > Nokia E71
Nov 17, 2008 at 4:00 PM Post #16 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by knights /img/forum/go_quote.gif
e71 tend to his direct from hp-out... ill try mine with amp when i get home
wink.gif

knightsbw8.jpg

It's a sexy number aint it! Hands down iPhone killer.

Nov 17, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #17 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the pk1 are the most amazing earbuds i ever heard (there is not so much to choose from..)
with the headroom's total airhead they are getting close to my hd595! believe it or not im talking sound quality.

Compared to an ER4S, I find it very sibilant, it does not reproduce cymbals very well, and other things.

Nov 17, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #18 of 36
YAY, my PK1's just arrived in the mail today. I just started using them 5 mins. ago. Right out of the box I already know a noticeable difference between the PK3's, wider soundstage and better separation of instruments, and overall sounding better.

They don't yet sound worth $160 but they're not burned in yet and I don't even have an amp, so I can't wait to hear how they sound when properly used. My Zune seems to drive them just fine though.

Nov 18, 2008 at 9:10 AM Post #21 of 36
The FM radio sounds really nice through the E71 also. I don't suppose anybody knows of any decent music apps for Symbian S60 v3?

Nov 18, 2008 at 1:08 PM Post #22 of 36
Quote:

I don't suppose anybody knows of any decent music apps for Symbian S60 v3?

the default one is the best you can get... ive tried many 3rd party players with dif formats supported like ogg and etc but it sucks battery faster and cant display album art well..

Nov 18, 2008 at 3:20 PM Post #23 of 36
Well i have a Nokia E61, also a E71 which is in the post from an upgrade... i will agree with sound quality, i had some IEM's with mine and very happy.

As for the Nokia's music player they seem to downgrade it on the enterprise models and use better music software on music player models like N95. However there is a third party last.fm based player with flac/ogg, EQ, and scrobbing alongside albumart. "Strands Social Player" is the name... to mix things up i have "Nokia Internet Radio" for Shoutcast goodness in mp3 quality over 3G and Podcast for RSS to mp3 blogs.

To make things better im working on the Nokia N810 killer DAP, and have an iPhone 3G 16gb coming my way in a few days... so look out for a mega review in a week or two... also anything else you guys want compared please let me know.

Nov 19, 2008 at 10:23 AM Post #24 of 36
where did you guys buy your 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter? i purchased one from ebay and another one locally and both of them would only play my music on the right headphone. thanks.

Nov 19, 2008 at 10:42 AM Post #25 of 36
I've been using a Nokia N78 with its built-in 3.5mm headphone jack lately... quite acceptable in my opinion! Much punchier + lower bass than my previous DAP, a Samsung YP-T10.

I've been using OggPlay on it, as I have a lot of stuff in OGG format. I also find the built-in mp3 player skips at times so I only use it when I need an EQ. Hopefully the OggPlay author(s) will put an EQ into it soon.

I'll have to check out that "Strands Social Player" now though
smily_headphones1.gif
, cheers.

Nov 19, 2008 at 10:57 AM Post #26 of 36
Hmmmm I can't seem to get Strands to play OGG files and can't find the EQ options?
frown.gif

Nov 21, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #28 of 36
I have both handsets and do use them ocassionally for audio, so questions away!

Quote:

Originally Posted by psyllium /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...find the built-in mp3 player skips at times so I only use it when I need an EQ....... I'll have to check out that "Strands Social Player" now though
smily_headphones1.gif
, cheers.

What memory card are you using... this is a speed issue and possibly a firmware issue. Theres a hack to force the Nokia into latest version, and make sure you have a Class II if possible Class IIII+ Card.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the E61 SQ like?

I might pick one up for xmas. Might use it for a few tunes when ive not got the d2 on me (nice for last.fm support too... Drag and drop with d2 = no last.fm
frown.gif
) and a few podcasts (auto download at (X)am on 3g/Wi-fi is great!)

Matt

Go for a E71 if you can, but if youre still vouching for a E61 i have one boxed up for sale if you want. As for SQ the soundstage is wide and clear, as long as you have good IEM's or Can's you should be fine.

One thing thats great about the E61 over the E71 is the Nokia PopPort which is like the iPod Conector, so you can make hi-fidelity connectors if you want... also... this little baby works with it.
hs-69_312x312.jpg

podcasting.jpg
internetradio.jpg

Previews of the Podcasting and Internet Radio Applications

Hope it helps!

Nov 21, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #29 of 36
It won't replace my D2. If it could/would I would just get an iPhone, but neither (IMO) can replace my D2.

Will just use it for podcasts, a few tunes occasionally when sans D2 (probably just cheap Senn buds), 3g, Wi-fi and a few other bits
biggrin.gif

There is no way I can get an E71, so maybe an E61 as an Xmas gift from Mum/Dad.

Will PM you about E61.

Thanks,

Matt

Jan 31, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #30 of 36
I get a very strong hiss with my Shure 420, to the point that I cannot use E71 as a music player. I do agree that the quality is great but the hiss is unbearable.

Allegedly, the hiss can be sorted through the usage of impedance adapters(!?) but I haven't come across anyone that has actually done it in real life. If anyone has sorted this problem, please let me know – I am at the verge of buying a separate MP3 player which would really annoy me as E71 has all I need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back