Yuin PK1->2 Adapter (Like Ety)?
Mar 3, 2008 at 2:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

NeObliviscaris

Niiice!
Previously known as FeedMeTrance
Does anyone know if it's possible to have an adapter that will allow the PK1 to be more easily driven, thus making it similar to the PK2s?

I have no idea about impedence and all that jazz, but thought it might be worth a try?

FMT

Mar 3, 2008 at 2:39 AM Post #2 of 5
Well first off IIRC they have different drivers in them, thus already defying the Ety route.

Second, I don't think there is a way to reverse impedance to make it less, only to increase it.

Mar 3, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #3 of 5
Hrmm, that answered it, basically I wanted to use them straight out of an iPhone, but yeah.

Thx Mr Mule
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: Actually the PK1 arent too bad straight out of the iPod headphone jack
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

Check out Travagan's Colors in my signature. It won't out perform your Tomahawk but light and small enough to bring around. Plus it won't dent your phone since it is encased in silicone.

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:56 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

Agreed! I like the Pk1s just fine from my ipod 6G Classic 80GB. I use an amp when I am sitting and can listen and appreciate the SQ, but for truly portable use (walking around downtown or commuting) I see no need to go to the trouble of carrying the amp around with me. The Pk1 is quite good unamped (better than any other earbud I have ever tried, and better than most fulll-size portable phones), and becomes truly remarkable when used with an amp, IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back