YUIN PK ear bud mods
Jun 11, 2007 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Satan on a stick

New Head-Fier
I was in Radio Shack the other day and saw these Jabra ear gels, these are made for the Jabra cell phone ear pieces.
jabra%20e.jpg

I bought a package to try out on my PK3 to see if they will channel the sound better like the custom mode available from the retailer in New York (forgot the name).

I like the sound of the YUIN PK3s, they just don't fit my ears well, after applying these pieces I found the sound greatly improved, better isolation (far from total) and better SQ, The Bass is more snappy, details and highs are more definable. I bought the PK 3's to try out the Yuin sound with this mod I may go for the PK2's, although I don't care for the look of the Yuin ear buds.

The pieces just slip over the ear buds, I left a little bit of room between the gels and the face of the ear bud so as to not muffle the sound. Currently radio shack is clearing them out for $5.00, Amazon has them for $10 and the Cell phone store Yesofcourse.com has the colored ones for $5.95. They come in three sizes.

Forgive the photo this was done quickly.

earphones002.jpg

Jun 11, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #2 of 3
That's pretty good for a cheap solution, now I just need earbuds to try them with. Why do I have to have so many IEMs, yet nothing that these would fit?

Jun 11, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #3 of 3
I'm actually starting to shop around for ear buds, so while this is a cheap mod, it's going to cost me anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back