Yuin OK3's just a quick question or two
Aug 18, 2008 at 7:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ben7337

100+ Head-Fier
Okay, well I just got my yuin ok3's from head-direct today and they are great. At first I was wondering, but after a few songs I realized that they are in fact as good as I expected and basically are just like pk3's that can be turned into supposedly no so great iem's (though I am sure there are some differences between the two headphones in sound quality as well, I have no really done any testing for this as my pk3's only have one working earbud).

Anyway, ever since I first saw the ok3's I was a bit uncomfortable with the idea of the driver being exposed. Therefore when I saw the rubbery covers for the headphones when I got them, I immediately put them on. However the covers completely cover the outside holes on the earbud and to me make some noise, mostly things in the lower hs range, sound a bit blocked or far away. However I also noticed an earbud covering that just goes around the edge of the earbud. Therefore I was wondering, is it safe to leave the ok3's uncovered? or is it somewhat dangerous to the driver or will stuff try to get stuck around the edge near the metal mesh screen covering the driver? Right now I really don't want to put any of the covers on the earbud as it works great without anything on just like the pk3's, and I am not really a fan of foamies (they hurt my ears). However I would hate to kill my earbuds this way. The only thing I can compare it to right now are the exposed drivers on the iBud which seem to have a similar mesh shielding on them and they always seem just fine and durable. So anyone have any opinions of recommendations?

Aug 18, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #2 of 3
I use the donuts, which also expose the drivers. No big deal, I don't believe. They stay in place with no covers? Interesting. I need the foam pads to hold them in my ears, and that doesn't even work all that well.

Aug 18, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #3 of 3
I think I have small ears. I even had to use the small inserts to get the ok3's to work as iems and even then it felt like the buds were almost falling out, though it was more like they were finding the one spot they would be comfortable staying in. But yeah, I can shake my head all around and they stay in place, the pk3's were the same for me as well. I don't wear any earbuds with foamies. Though since they seem to distort the sound so much on the pk3's I think that not using them is justified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back