Yuin OK series out
Jun 9, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #6 of 14
I'm going to try the PK2's. I read the recent threads and the comparison to the KSC75 sounds good. I'll report when I get them.

My hunch is that the OK3 is almost the same as the PK2 but costs $10 more because of the extra accessories and ability to convert to IEM, which I'm not interested in.

Jun 9, 2008 at 4:18 AM Post #9 of 14
I think Tony has one of those too
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 9, 2008 at 6:02 AM Post #11 of 14
I am waiting to hear more about the OK3/PK2 because they are at the same basic price point. If the OK3 is just the PK2 with the add on canal feature, then it makes sense to pass on it. If it is sonically different --- and it sounds like it is not so different from Tony's brief comparison --- then the $10 might be worth it.

Jun 9, 2008 at 11:56 AM Post #13 of 14
I think head direct is making a lot of profit here.
OK1 is selling at $1200RMB in china. (retail price)
It is around $173 in US.
He is selling it at $230.

Jun 9, 2008 at 12:11 PM Post #14 of 14
Supply is low as head-direct is the only worldwide exporter. There is also a fair bit of buzz generated by reviewers regarding the OK line. Hence he can price accordingly. If he raised prices by $10 I'm sure people would still buy them seeing as they've been pretty much labeled as the best thing since sliced bread (in terms of earbuds). Also, the head-direct prices include worldwide shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back